• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogues Gallery.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Some of the knits and hoodies look pretty nice. I am assuming that Quoddy is still making all of their footwear, can anyone confirm this? The deck boots that they have for this season look really nice, but they don't really look too different from regular Quoddy boots except for the color.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, Quoddy has been making their boots for the last two+ seasons.... but at RG prices, I would call Quoddy and ask them if they can custom make the same boots.

Oxnard

Reaction score
yeah I know that they have been doing it, at least for the fall/winter deck boots with the black camp soles. I dunno if they are using different materials or anything, but the black boat shoes they have on the rogues gallery website look almost identical to the regular Quoddys, but for nearly $400 instead of $200. You know I wouldn't be surprised if Quoddy and Rogues Gallery had some kind of deal setup to make those color models exclusive to Rogues so that people cant custom make the same thing for half the price.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Meh. Not bad, but not great.

With RG, just stick to the tshirts, shoes, and accessories.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got that dark plaid shirt jac from last year- I wasn't sure, really, when I ordered it, but I was in love with it as soon as I got it. They have my devotion for a couple of seasons just because of that alone.

Having said that, I think that that photography session didn't go well.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Photos look poor; many of the pieces don't.

The aforementioned shirt jacket is my only experience with RG. Love the damn thing, but the high arm holes/slim arms have ensured that it just hangs in my closet.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my first RG piece at the Barney's sale. It's the "Funerailles" hoodie. I wear a medium or large in almost anything and I had to get a small in this and it's still comfortably loose on me. So F-ing soft. Even the Barney's clerk commented as she packed it up for me. "Wow that's soft."

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deck boots... guess Quoddy can't just make me something similar?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not even the RG ones in particular, any sort of boat boot (or high top boat shoe) would do but apparently RG is the only ones who puts them out... and at $500
confused.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
It's not even the RG ones in particular, any sort of boat boot (or high top boat shoe) would do but apparently RG is the only ones who puts them out... and at $500
confused.gif

Sebago sells deck boots for $140. I'll probably order a pair within the next few days.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, looks potentially promising. I dislike the faded look of the black leather, would rather prefer a more simple clean colorway, but I do appreciate the fact that it's hand sewn but I know nothing about Sebago's quality overall. Let me know how they work out, I might buy, or just wait for more deck boots from other brands to pop up.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Sebago sells deck boots for $140. I'll probably order a pair within the next few days.

Holy ****, those are pretty awesome!

I'm also not into the distressed leather. But, I bet you can buy the black ones and then polish them to minimize the look.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I've ordered the black ones so I'll find out how bad the leather is in about a week. Here's a small image I found on their site, and I really have no idea what to expect since this one is showing some hints of red coloring:

shoe4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics