Rogues Gallery Belt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ahaz, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

I order some shirts from Active Endeavors, but two of them are too big, and they don't have a smaller size. I was browsing around for something to exchange them for, and came across this belt.

[​IMG]

Now, I need a belt. And I'd prefer it to not be a leather one. When I first saw the above belt, my first reaction was 'Wow, cool'. But then I thought to myself a couple of things:

1. You wouldn't be surprised to see this belt hanging in Hot Topic
    2. If you did see it there, you wouldn't even think of buying it
    3. You'd shoot yourself if you were even in a Hot Topic

Now, I guess I'm being to hard on the belt. It certainly looks like it is made of nice materials, and it sports a very natural distressed/worn look.

I just can't help but think how much cooler it would be if they had used anchors instead of skulls.

Gah! I keep vacillating between thinking it's really cool, and thinking it's going to make me look way to...blah.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've seen that belt. My initial reaction was "Eh, okay, but pricey for what it is..." How much credit do you have? I'll cruise the site and try to suggest something. BTW, what size are you?

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

Good call with the anchors, seems like everyone is putting skull and crossbones on clothes today. I don't think I would assume Hot Topic though, unless they were holding up leather pants.

4. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

I've seen that belt. My initial reaction was "Eh, okay, but pricey for what it is..." How much credit do you have? I'll cruise the site and try to suggest something. BTW, what size are you?

I've got about $100 credit, and am between a small and a medium, depending on brand. 30x32.5 in jeans, which is why I've had to stay clear of Rag & Bone and Corpus [​IMG]. I'm all giddy that you're going to find me something awesome [​IMG] .

5. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

LA Guy just PM'ed me, and asked me to buy these

[​IMG]

and then said maybe we could get together for coffee sometime, providing I wear some hightops with them.

And no shirt.

[​IMG]

6. LA Guy

LA Guy just PM'ed me, and asked me to buy these

[​IMG]

and then said maybe we could get together for coffee sometime, providing I wear some hightops with them.

And no shirt.

[​IMG]

But only if you looked that luscious. Tasty [​IMG]

Seriously, either you are joking or j. is fucking around with me. j., you there?

On a related note, shorts are supposed to be the big thing this summer - expensive designer shorts. I am serious not on board...

Well, Ahaz, hi hoy sailor!

7. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

But only if you looked that luscious. Tasty [​IMG]

Seriously, either you are joking or j. is fucking around with me. j., you there?

On a related note, shorts are supposed to be the big thing this summer - expensive designer shorts. I am serious not on board...

Well, Ahaz, hi hoy sailor!

Don't worry, it was all me, and very tongue-in-cheek. And I don't care what's in, there's no way I'm wearing shorts like that.

It's hot here, so I'll wear shorts for sure, but I'm a skinny bastard who needs shorts that hit at or slightly below the knee.

8. LA Guy

Don't worry, it was all me, and very tongue-in-cheek. And I don't care what's in, there's no way I'm wearing shorts like that.

It's hot here, so I'll wear shorts for sure, but I'm a skinny bastard who needs shorts that hit at or slightly below the knee.

Actually, unless you are actually playing a sport or running, I believe that no man should be wearing shorts that are gym short... And especially not with high tops. But hey, at least he is matching his Marc shorts with Marc Jacobs Vans!

9. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

I don't know why they even put those photos up. They used to have a model wearing them with sandals (you can still see these if you click the picture on Active's site), which looked much more natural. Still not my scene, but I could at least make myself believe it was some kind of beach-wear.

10. Dill

Dill Senior member

They did make that same belt with anchors. I have one and its pretty awesome.

11. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

Dang, them's some pricey sweatshirts on that site.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Good call with the anchors, seems like everyone is putting skull and crossbones on clothes today. I don't think I would assume Hot Topic though, unless they were holding up leather pants.

Actually, Hot Topic owns a store called Metro Park, that's basically a store of thinner, softer thermals and t-shirts with skulls and crossbones and inksplatters and blackletter font all over it. So while they may not have that exact item at Hot Topic, you wouldn't be far off as I'm sure the buyers at Metro Park would be all over it.

13. Max

Max Senior member

Way too hot topic does abercrombie for me to spend more than $15 on.

14. Dill

Dill Senior member

Ebay has the anchor belt: http://tinyurl.com/kndz2 I saw a lot of four rogues gallery shirts and I thought the measurements were small, but I bid anyways. Then I realized they were small because they were girl's shirts. [​IMG] Oh well, if I win, I am sure I could sell them again.

15. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Word! I'd extend that to say no shorts period unless you are playing sports. I hate shorts. This is not junior high...