• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

jayveeay

Reaction score
Quote:
Folks at the 3sixteen thread suggested me to look at Blue owl website for measurements.

After that size comparison, I feel i should get the Stanton in 28.
Even though Stanton is more like a slim straight, but both BlueOwl and RGT own website suggest that it's still pretty tapered.

All the waists seem to be overwhelming oversized. Is that true?

I have 29 in both stanton and sk. my natural waist is somewhere between 32-33", so they are vanity sized and do stretch. Probably could have done a 28 in the dark stantons and been safe.

Last edited:

jlchau

Reaction score
Folks at the 3sixteen thread suggested me to look at Blue owl website for measurements.

After that size comparison, I feel i should get the Stanton in 28.
Even though Stanton is more like a slim straight, but both BlueOwl and RGT own website suggest that it's still pretty tapered.

All the waists seem to be overwhelming oversized. Is that true?

Yeah waist is vanity sizing. I initially tried on a 29 in SK cut, the calves were extremely tight but the waist was loose. RGT recommended to size down 1 and go to 28 in Stanton and it fits pretty good. It's also tapered/slim as other people suggest. Here's some old images I had in my imgur:

mcnuonuo

Reaction score
Do you mean Stanton isn't really that straight below the knee with a slightly small leg opening than knee?
If so, that would be something I am looking for.

Another thing is that I will need to cut the inseam to 31 inch and that will move the leg way up. If the jeans are tapered a bit, then the leg opening will get bigger than measured. This also plays parts of my concern on sizing.

Right now I can score a pair of 29 Stanton on a deep discount.
But I am not sure if 29 Stanton will give me a huge leg opening.

I feel i can still do a little bigger than 29 PNS but not a lot.

Last edited:

jlchau

Reaction score
Do you mean Stanton isn't really that straight below the knee with a slightly small leg opening than knee?
If so, that would be something I am looking for.

Another thing is that I will need to cut the inseam to 31 inch and that will move the leg way up. If the jeans are tapered a bit, then the leg opening will get bigger than measured. This also plays parts of my concern on sizing.

Right now I can score a pair of 29 Stanton on a deep discount.
But I am not sure if 29 Stanton will give me a huge leg opening.

I feel i can still do a little bigger than 29 PNS but not a lot.

Yes according to measurements on the RGT product page (Stealth Stanton), my pair the knee is at 7.5 and the leg opening at 7 inches. I did have them hemmed, maybe to around 31-32 inches. Just saying they are pretty slim, but I don't have experience with APC.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SKs are really tight, even skinny guys say they are tight but fit perfect.

gambit402

Reaction score
SKs stretch tho. I have the Blue Owl and RGT expeditions and they fit great.

jlchau

Reaction score
SKs stretch tho. I have the Blue Owl and RGT expeditions and they fit great.

Depends on the denim. I think the collab you have are loosely/low tension woven and slubby which are expected to stretch more than say the 15oz stealth fabric that I have. There's minimal stretch in my pair.

Last edited:

gambit402

Reaction score

Depends on the denim.  I think the collab you have are loosely/low tension woven and slubby which are expected to stretch more than say the 15oz stealth fabric that I have.  There's minimal stretch in my pair.

Slubby for sure but not sure if it's lower tension than the standard RGT stuff. I had the Stantons and they stretched a lot on me which is why I had to move them.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
i just got the bronze officer trousers- they fit a bit wider in the leg than my other officer trousers. anyone else have the same experience?

goldenbear

Reaction score

SKs are really tight, even skinny guys say they are tight but fit perfect.

Yeah I love the fit. Ill probably buy only RT from now on because they fit just how I want. I have SK's in overdye and Stealth. Skinny in the leg and enough room up top. I got a pair of 3sixteen slim jeans and Im nowhere near as satisfied. I assume the quality is similar but so uncomfortable up top. I love the officer chino too and plan to get a third pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads