• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

bigwhat62

Reaction score

Ah. Got ya. They look pretty much the same except that 7th pocket. I'm thinking the IDC Stealth's were the precursor to the current Stealth line. I could be wrong though.

sweet, i got them for a steal and they are very much like new. after lurking around this topic for a good while i pulled the trigger on RgT this past month: stealth SK, Stanton indigo 13 oz, double indigo work trouser and a the indigo flecked work shirt. got a pair of momotaro 18 oz on the way as well. i need the lined waxed canvas jacket so bad but my wife will bury me out back if i make another purchase. i hope it doesnt sell out before i get the chance to raise some funds.

on the topic of the lined jacket how should i size for that? the XL indigo flecked work shirt fits pretty damn good. do i buy an XL in the lined jacked?

breck81

Reaction score

sweet, i got them for a steal and they are very much like new. after lurking around this topic for a good while i pulled the trigger on RgT this past month: stealth SK, Stanton indigo 13 oz, double indigo work trouser and a the indigo flecked work shirt. got a pair of momotaro 18 oz on the way as well. i need the lined waxed canvas jacket so bad but my wife will bury me out back if i make another purchase. i hope it doesnt sell out before i get the chance to raise some funds.

on the topic of the lined jacket how should i size for that? the XL indigo flecked work shirt fits pretty damn good. do i buy an XL in the lined jacked?

I think Karl and most would recommend the same size in Supply as Work shirts. I tend to chase the 43 chest size. So for me That's a Medium Work Shirt and Large Jumper and Waxed Supply. The Waxed supply fits slightly bigger than say the canvas jacket from spring, bit that was my intentions so I could layer under with a sweatshirt or what have you. It gets really cold up here so I was happy to have a tad extra room.

bigwhat62

Reaction score
I would wear the lined canvas jacket with a work shirt and undershirt or Oxford and undershirt. It does get cold out here in the high desert of the southwest but not enough to layer a sweater with an Oxford and a jacket. I pulled the trigger and ordered a Large and XL. I have some old clothes to put on eBay to fund this jacket.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
if anyone has a stealth trouser in 28 they don't want anymore (or you know where i can get one), please PM me!

Beane

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For the lined canvas jacket users, can you guys post a pic wearing the jacket?

davidw25

Reaction score
Karl, or anyone else who can provide insight...
I looking at the Stantons, with a 32 inch waist, I think size 30. I have measured a pair of jeans that fits me pretty well and they do not match up with a sizing offered by RGT, I was told they wouldn't ft me. So I decided to go a different route, I measured my actual thigh (21in) with this measurement is it safe to assume that any Jean with 11inches plus in the thigh would provide me with a fair fit?

breck81

Reaction score

For the lined canvas jacket users, can you guys post a pic wearing the jacket?

Not the best pic but the only on I have at the moment.

breck81

Reaction score
Karl, or anyone else who can provide insight...
I looking at the Stantons, with a 32 inch waist, I think size 30. I have measured a pair of jeans that fits me pretty well and they do not match up with a sizing offered by RGT, I was told they wouldn't ft me. So I decided to go a different route, I measured my actual thigh (21in) with this measurement is it safe to assume that any Jean with 11inches plus in the thigh would provide me with a fair fit?
Just from looking at the size charts on RgT's site, it appears all the Upper thigh measurements are around 10.75 and up. So thigh should be an issue. Also from my experience most of their jeans with stretch a bit in the thigh. Some more than other, depending on denim weight and tension, etc. Even though the SK is the more tapered of the two, the SK to me has a larger top block. So you should be fine with a SK or Stanton. The "Dark" denim, in my experiences stretches more than the traditional 14.5. The 16.75 even less, but still some with time and wear.

Just measure the waist of your favorite pair. (Thigh size wont be much of an issue since all their denim measures larger than your 21"). Then buy based on that size or like many of us size down to account for the noted stretch that will occur with wear and tension. I size down 1.5 with Dark denim and 1' with 14.5oz. For example I'm a 34.5 inch waist so i went with a 31 Stanton(33.5" plus 1" stretch = 34.5) Stretching will vary so you could see a tad less or a tad more. I've been wearing the hell out of my 14.5 and i saw a 1.5" stretch in the wait compared to the noted 1".

I hope this helps.

davidw25

Reaction score
Just from looking at the size charts on RgT's site, it appears all the Upper thigh measurements are around 10.75 and up. So thigh should be an issue. Also from my experience most of their jeans with stretch a bit in the thigh. Some more than other, depending on denim weight and tension, etc. Even though the SK is the more tapered of the two, the SK to me has a larger top block. So you should be fine with a SK or Stanton. The "Dark" denim, in my experiences stretches more than the traditional 14.5. The 16.75 even less, but still some with time and wear.

Just measure the waist of your favorite pair. (Thigh size wont be much of an issue since all their denim measures larger than your 21"). Then buy based on that size or like many of us size down to account for the noted stretch that will occur with wear and tension. I size down 1.5 with Dark denim and 1' with 14.5oz. For example I'm a 34.5 inch waist so i went with a 31 Stanton(33.5" plus 1" stretch = 34.5) Stretching will vary so you could see a tad less or a tad more. I've been wearing the hell out of my 14.5 and i saw a 1.5" stretch in the wait compared to the noted 1".

I hope this helps.
That is what I figured, thanks for your help!

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope this helps.

I completely agree with this statement. I tried on the same size in both the SK and the Stanton, and while the SK is narrower in the lower leg I felt that it had more room in the top block. I like them both, but I really like the fit of the SK the best for me.

davidw25

Reaction score
I completely agree with this statement. I tried on the same size in both the SK and the Stanton, and while the SK is narrower in the lower leg I felt that it had more room in the top block. I like them both, but I really like the fit of the SK the best for me.
The size charts support that, it just seems counterintuitive. How do your SK's fit over a pair of boots, for example.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The size charts support that, it just seems counterintuitive. How do your SK's fit over a pair of boots, for example.

I agree. Mine fit nicely over the top of my boots without being too slim to where they won't go over the top laces. I'll try to remember to take a pic next time I wear them. I'm a 29.5" inseam, so the leg opening for me is probably a little wider than stated in the measurements (but still nice and slim like I want without being skinny).

davidw25

Reaction score
I agree. Mine fit nicely over the top of my boots without being too slim to where they won't go over the top laces. I'll try to remember to take a pic next time I wear them. I'm a 29.5" inseam, so the leg opening for me is probably a little wider than stated in the measurements (but still nice and slim like I want without being skinny).
Now I am questioning EVERYTHING!!! Sucks to live in po-dunk Ohio where there are literally zero stockists!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads