• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

cellardoors

Reaction score
I think they are at the small business "tipping point" after which their are diminishing returns, and even negative returns.

When you start a handcrafted/Americana/blah blah business, everyone expects and even finds endearing the personal emails, the missed connections, etc. Its parallel to the clothing - personal, takes time, and so on.

After you get bigger - and especially if you're charging hella prices like > $200 for a pair of jeans - people expect you to actually return their clothing, answer in a timely fashion, and so on. One of my biggest recs for these "small" businesses (of which many, like RT, TS, Topo, etc are no longer) is to GET A TELEPHONE NUMBER. It puts everyone at ease, it allows for much quicker clearing up of misunderstandings. If it costs you a little more $ to pay somebody to do this, its worth every penny in what you get back.

jd091

Reaction score
Damn, I have this exact problem right now. Ordered an extra supply jacket that wasnt needed, want to return it and I can't get ahold of them. Heard nothing back from my return request that I filled out and sent to [email protected]. It would be really helpful to know if the return was being processed; honestly this is making me wary of ordering from their website in the future.
Just got an email back from Preston at Rogue Territory, finally got the RMA form to send it back. They said they're swamped and backed up from the influx of requests from the F/W 14 release. I still have faith that they'll get back to anyone here who hasn't heard a response yet; the guys at RT do care about supporting the customers. Hopefully everyone else hears back soon!

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an email today as well. Sending my size 28 return back tomorrow.

I'd been out of town the past two days but came back to my sized-up 29s. After trying them on, I gotta say: maybe Rogue Territory is not for me. I love the fabric, love the details, but with the still-tight waist and saggy ass and hip flair going on. They're just not a flattering fit on me.

And I'm not being picky. I bought some Somet 018s about a month ago and I've never had a more perfect fitting jean. The low rise is maybe an inch more than I'd like, but it's not problematic. No unflattering saggy ass, the waist has already stretched out nicely and the legs fit great without any extra loose fabric nor skin hugging spots. Sucks they're so damn expensive...

deegan

Reaction score
hey guys just received my first pair of sk14.5s today! your opinion on the fit would be much appreciated...too skinny or ok?

Last edited:

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys just received my first pair of sk14.5s today! your opinion on the fit would be much appreciated...too skinny or ok?

I think they fit great! Not too skinny IMO. They also fit similar to my SKs. I recently tried on both, and although I chose the SK I didn't find much of a difference between the SK and Stanton. Both are great fits for me. The SK is just a little narrower in the lower leg.

breck81

Reaction score

Fit looks good.

dsthompson

Reaction score
Alright--I can not longer sit idly by while everyone else gets in on the 16.75 oz fun. I know sizing has been discussed a bit, but for those of you who have the 16.75 and other pairs of RgT denim, have you all stuck with the same size, or has anybody sized up one? I wear a 29 in the Dark Stantons, but was appreciative of every millimeter of stretch I got (I wear a 31 in officer and RK trousers, for further reference). I also believe I heard that the Dark Stantons stretch more than the regular denim, so I'm not sure if I should factor that in as well. Anybody have any thoughts?

Also, just wanted to geek out for a second on this F/W drop---I've never been this excited about a clothing collection in my life. I've picked up the waxed canvas blanket lined supply jacket, indigo warp indigo weft chambray, and grey selvedge workshirt---each piece is amazing...

One last thing: I know there's been some concern about response times, etc., but I strongly believe that is an anomaly. I've corresponded with RgT via e-mail quite a bit over the last year, and they have always been timely, helpful, and very warm in their responses...I think this was just a perfect storm, between the overwhelming response to the F/W drop, and the fact that this is still essentially a 2-3 person team, one of which had a baby less than a couple of months ago...glad to hear it sounds like everyone is getting taken care of now.

breck81

Reaction score
Alright--I can not longer sit idly by while everyone else gets in on the 16.75 oz fun. I know sizing has been discussed a bit, but for those of you who have the 16.75 and other pairs of RgT denim, have you all stuck with the same size, or has anybody sized up one? I wear a 29 in the Dark Stantons, but was appreciative of every millimeter of stretch I got (I wear a 31 in officer and RK trousers, for further reference). I also believe I heard that the Dark Stantons stretch more than the regular denim, so I'm not sure if I should factor that in as well. Anybody have any thoughts?

Also, just wanted to geek out for a second on this F/W drop---I've never been this excited about a clothing collection in my life. I've picked up the waxed canvas blanket lined supply jacket, indigo warp indigo weft chambray, and grey selvedge workshirt---each piece is amazing...

One last thing: I know there's been some concern about response times, etc., but I strongly believe that is an anomaly. I've corresponded with RgT via e-mail quite a bit over the last year, and they have always been timely, helpful, and very warm in their responses...I think this was just a perfect storm, between the overwhelming response to the F/W drop, and the fact that this is still essentially a 2-3 person team, one of which had a baby less than a couple of months ago...glad to hear it sounds like everyone is getting taken care of now.
From my experience the Dark Stanton's(Kurabo Mills) can stretch up to 1.5". The Regular 14.5oz. Stantons(Nihon Menpu) can stretch up to an 1". However i've seen 1.5" in mine do to tension and sizing down a size. With the Slubs 16.5oz. they are saying up to .5".

I have heard from folks that stayed with their standard(14.5) stanton size and they say the fit is very close, they just feel tighter due to the heavier fabric. I havent hopped on the 16.75 train yet, but when i do, Im going with standard Stanton sizing. It'll be a tad uncomfortable at first, but I think it will allow for better fades. Although i have been wanting a pair of SKs so maybe i will go with the Slub SKs.

As far as the F/W drops I too have been super impressed with what has dropped so far. I got the Grey selvedge and Waxed wool supply. I'm stoked to see the second half of the F/W drops!

deegan

Reaction score
@Brattman @Mr Clemson @Keller @breck81 @dsthompson
cheers for the feedback guys. i bought a size up as well just in case but they're a little roomy around the top. can't wait to break them in!

Rogue Territory

Reaction score

Okay, seriously. It's been a week now. I've sent 3 requests for a return authorization number. In the meantime, I've ordered a size up and they've been delivered and I still haven't heard back from returning the original pair. It's not like Rogue Territory has a phone number to contact anyone, so if they just choose to ignore emails aren't we screwed? I don't want to be on the hook for two pairs of the same jeans with a one size difference.

Karl, you out there? I see your Facebook page is being updated... Is someone on vacation for the week? My concern is missing the return window.

Hey man, I truly apologize for the delay in response. We have been slammed with orders and return / exchange requests. This is a very busy time of year for us and though we pride ourselves on being super responsive, sometimes emails or RMAs fall through the cracks. Have you been taken care of yet? If not, please email me directly at [email protected]

Rogue Territory

Reaction score

Got an email today as well. Sending my size 28 return back tomorrow.

I'd been out of town the past two days but came back to my sized-up 29s. After trying them on, I gotta say: maybe Rogue Territory is not for me. I love the fabric, love the details, but with the still-tight waist and saggy ass and hip flair going on. They're just not a flattering fit on me.

And I'm not being picky. I bought some Somet 018s about a month ago and I've never had a more perfect fitting jean. The low rise is maybe an inch more than I'd like, but it's not problematic. No unflattering saggy ass, the waist has already stretched out nicely and the legs fit great without any extra loose fabric nor skin hugging spots. Sucks they're so damn expensive...

Just saw this post. I'm sorry to hear that the fit didn't work for you. Thank you for your patience throughout this process. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding fit or product. -Karl

Inelson

Reaction score
So I have been wearing a size 29 14.5 oz Sk for almost two months now and it's waist is now about 16.75 inches, it fits loosely up top so that I have to wear a belt but I could probably get by without it. Because of how the SK/Stanton sizing works for the Stantons to fit on my waist makes the legs too loose (for what I wanted) and for the SK the waist is perfect but a little too tight in the calves and knees. Anyhow I recently purchased the size 29 16.75 oz Stanton because I saw the sizing was a little different (and I really wanted one!). So, the legs are peeeeeerfect! However the top (waist) is very tight and huge struggle to get on, especially with boxers. The waist is currently in at exactly 16 inches. Basically i'd really like some advice on whether I should keep them and they'll stretch enough or I should just throw in the towel…

(note: does stretching half an inch mean on both sides? so [16.5 x 2] or [16 x 2 + .5])

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads