Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I'm currently wearing that exact jacket and I will go ahead and guarantee it will be perfect for South Carolina winters. I'm a Georgia boy(Go Dawgs!, I couldn't help it) living in Wyoming. Don't hesitate. The jacket is a beast. It's been in the 20s and 30s in the morning and this has been my go to outer layer.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Haha, you get the bragging rights this year. I was at the game (go to all Clemson home games and usually two or three road games), and I felt really good about the game going into the second half. That was before our offense shut down and our defense got gassed in the fourth. I hope y'all win out and DESTROY South Carolina today. Good luck!

I think you've just sold me on the jacket. I'm trying to move a few items right now, including a Barbour commander, so once I do I'll grab that one. It fits slim, correct? I was thinking of trying a small, but with a 38"39" chest and 17" shoulder I'm wondering if I will have to size up to the medium especially for any layering. My problem is my athletic build, so a medium is typically good in the chest but too long in the sleeves. Oh well, I'll give one a shot.

3. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I'm super pumped for today's game. Being out here I usually only make it to 1 or 2 home games in Athens a year. On paper we look good today, but with us and the old ball coach, you never know.

I'd say you sound just right for a medium. I have a 42 inch chest and went large so if you're 39-40, a medium would fit best. It's on the slim/short side so I wouldn't worry about the sleeves on this one. It's such a good/tough feeling jacket. Really well crafted. You'll see it in the details.

4. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Well, shit. Thanks for letting me know. I'll double check them...

Man, I really want to keep these. Wish they'd stretch out an inch. But I doubt it...

5. breck81

breck81 Senior member

Not sure with stretch on the Grey ones, but I'd imagine it's around an inch. I've gotten an 1.5" stretch in dark denim and 14.5 stanton. The tighter they are initally, the more potential for stretch. The nihon menpu which is the 14.5 denim says it'll stretch an inch. After daily wear for 4 months, I got 1.5". But I also sized down to account for that.

6. Understatesman

According to the site, the grey denim is washed so minimal stretching is expected. Bummer.

Anyway, remeasured my jeans the correct way and gained a quarter inch. Still short of the 15.25" listed on the site.

Any ideas for manually stretching the jeans? If I showered in warm water with them on, would they loosen up at the waist?

7. Lucas89

Lucas89 Member

While I don't have any ideas about stretching them, Karl did recently tell me that most of the pairs have a .25" tolerance meaning they could be within .25" smaller or larger than the listed measurements on the site for said pair. I recently ordered some size 27 Stealth SKs and the leg opening is actually tapered exactly .25" smaller than the measurements for that size and style on the RGT site. So it could actually be too small in my case. Hope that helps a bit for buying in the future and sizing down to account for stretch.

8. Lucas89

Lucas89 Member

Anyone in NY - Gentry (South 5th between Bedford and Berry) in Williamsburg, Brooklyn is having a sample sale right now with 80% right now and I saw a size 30 AR-G Trouser in Sand (khaki), Size 30, 31, and 32 Natural Canvas Stanton (the 30 looked stained/discolored a bit though), a size 36 Dark Stanton, and a size 36 Stealth Stanton. That's all they have left for RGT but if anyone is around, go check that out! I was really bummed everything was too big for me but wanted to let y'all know they're moving fast

9. Understatesman

Thanks, man. At this point, I'm resigned to just having to accept that I need to size up. Still waiting on a return authorization number from RT. Emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard squat.

10. Lucas89

Lucas89 Member

I wouldn't worry. I'm still waiting for a return email from Karl from late Wednesday night EST. They always get back to you within a few days. Most I ever waited was a week and only because of the craziness of the Fall drop. I'm sure that's the case and they'll hit you back soon. They always do.

11. Understatesman

Okay, seriously. It's been a week now. I've sent 3 requests for a return authorization number. In the meantime, I've ordered a size up and they've been delivered and I still haven't heard back from returning the original pair. It's not like Rogue Territory has a phone number to contact anyone, so if they just choose to ignore emails aren't we screwed? I don't want to be on the hook for two pairs of the same jeans with a one size difference.

Karl, you out there? I see your Facebook page is being updated... Is someone on vacation for the week? My concern is missing the return window.

12. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I'm not sure about vacation, but he did just have a birthday so maybe that could affect their response time.

13. jd091

jd091 Member

Damn, I have this exact problem right now. Ordered an extra supply jacket that wasnt needed, want to return it and I can't get ahold of them. Heard nothing back from my return request that I filled out and sent to [email protected]. It would be really helpful to know if the return was being processed; honestly this is making me wary of ordering from their website in the future.

14. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I wouldn't worry about it. It took them two or three days, but they responded to my return request just the other day. Leslie has been great to work with.

15. Understatesman

Two or three days =/= a week.