• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

breck81

Reaction score
Totally understand! Contest ends October 31st. You can still play!
So when does it officially begin? October1st thru October of '15? What are your thoughts on Stantons versus SKs?

dsthompson

Reaction score
@dsthompson Having the jacket and now knowing it is roomier than the camel canvas, would you still stick with the same sizing or would you have sized down per blair and your own experinces? Is it roomy enough to merit a size down?

p.s. Joexstancato, the guy a post or two up from you, waxed his jacket i believe. Check his instagram/pick his brain. also Dan from Ewing Dry Goods waxed his as well.
For me, height is an issue. I am 6'2", so sizing down is not an option (due to sleeve length, body length, etc.) The differences that I described feel very minor to me; even if length were not an issue, I'd keep with the same size.

That being said, Blair said he is already typically between a M and L in RgT, so it makes sense from his perspective. I am solidly a L in everything RgT. So, I'd say that if you are typically between sizes in RgT, I'd size down, but otherwise, I'd stick with the same sizing.

@rusticchasm I've also got the grey workshirt (yes, I am aware I have a problem). I have not washed or soaked it yet, but the sizing feels exactly the same as the utility denim workshirt I bought last Spring. It is absolutely gorgeous though, and incredibly soft for raw denim. Feels very heavy (in a good way) as well...

dsthompson

Reaction score
P.S. It is awesome that we've had so much activity in this thread recently. I am a huge RgT fan, and it's nice to see their are others like me out there...

breck81

Reaction score
For me, height is an issue. I am 6'2", so sizing down is not an option (due to sleeve length, body length, etc.) The differences that I described feel very minor to me; even if length were not an issue, I'd keep with the same size.

That being said, Blair said he is already typically between a M and L in RgT, so it makes sense from his perspective. I am solidly a L in everything RgT. So, I'd say that if you are typically between sizes in RgT, I'd size down, but otherwise, I'd stick with the same sizing.

@rusticchasm I've also got the grey workshirt (yes, I am aware I have a problem). I have not washed or soaked it yet, but the sizing feels exactly the same as the utility denim workshirt I bought last Spring. It is absolutely gorgeous though, and incredibly soft for raw denim. Feels very heavy (in a good way) as well...
Yeah i'm 6'1 and teeter on the line between M and L with RgT. I have been buying M in the Work Shirts(that was a mistake with the raw chambray) and a L in the Jumper. I went M with the denim supply and L with the canvas. I stuck with the L in the waxed. I dont mind the desert washed being a tad short(it hits at the belt) mainly because the vintage washed looking jackets, imo, look best slim.

dsthompson

Reaction score
On SK's vs Stanton's: In my experience, your waist size relative to the length of your legs and foot size also makes a huge difference. My Stanton's fit noticeably slimmer than most of the people I see on Instagram. So much so that I initially thought they were SK's that were mismarked. I honestly doubt I could get a pair of SK's in the correct waist size that I'd be able to get on over my ankles / feet (it already takes some minor wrangling to get the Stantons on. Not sure if that is common or not...

rusticchasm

Reaction score
Quote: awesome.

i'm an xs in the jumper and it seems like everyone sizes 1 down for the work shirt, which puts me out of the size range, so the shrink in my case is a good thing and fairly important to me

dsthompson

Reaction score
Yeah i'm 6'1 and teeter on the line between M and L with RgT. I have been buying M in the Work Shirts(that was a mistake with the raw chambray) and a L in the Jumper. I went M with the denim supply and L with the canvas. I stuck with the L in the waxed. I dont mind the desert washed being a tad short(it hits at the belt) mainly because the vintage washed looking jackets, imo, look best slim.
Wow, ok, sounds like we have very similar body types. Looks like you are in Wyoming (I was born in Cody!), so I'd assume the L will be perfect, given the layering you need to do in those type of temperatures...

Inelson

Reaction score
I just ordered a 14.5 oz Denim Supply jacket! Extremely excited! Might order the waxed blanket lined jacket down the line after I get some experience in with this jacket. Definitely going to pick up a work shirt, most likely the ISC coming towards the end of Sept. What I really want to hear about are the 16.5 oz Sk's and Stantons! Definitely picking up a pair when they restock in Oct. (maybe sooner if you all talk me into it). So I wear a size 29 in 14.5 oz SK (never had a stanton) I strongly prefer tapered leg openings 7" is golden to me, bigger would be ok. The Sk's almost fit too tight in my calves, which sounds weird, but I love them! The waist is almost too big, it stretched a full inch, probably won't stretch more. So I hear you should size up in 16.5 oz and it won't stretch much? (true/false?) and I'd like to hear a bit about the stanton 16.5 oz too. Honestly anything from anyone who picked up a pair.

breck81

Reaction score
I just ordered a 14.5 oz Denim Supply jacket! Extremely excited! Might order the waxed blanket lined jacket down the line after I get some experience in with this jacket. Definitely going to pick up a work shirt, most likely the ISC coming towards the end of Sept. What I really want to hear about are the 16.5 oz Sk's and Stantons! Definitely picking up a pair when they restock in Oct. (maybe sooner if you all talk me into it). So I wear a size 29 in 14.5 oz SK (never had a stanton) I strongly prefer tapered leg openings 7" is golden to me, bigger would be ok. The Sk's almost fit too tight in my calves, which sounds weird, but I love them! The waist is almost too big, it stretched a full inch, probably won't stretch more. So I hear you should size up in 16.5 oz and it won't stretch much? (true/false?) and I'd like to hear a bit about the stanton 16.5 oz too. Honestly anything from anyone who picked up a pair.
According to Karl, your Stanton size will be your SK size since they adjusted the sizing on the SK to be standard, more unifor across fits. So what you wear in the Stanton is the SK size. I have the 14.5 Stantons and i got a full 1.5" stretch in the waist after 4 months of solid wear. I sized down to account for an inch(posted amount) and am ok with it actually ending up at 1.5". With the new 16.75, they are saying a .5" at most. This of course all depends on how much tension there is to begin with when wearing them. If folks are sizing up on the 16.75s, then the increase in size and density of denim will account for only a .5" inch stretch. If you go TTS, like some are doing, then you may see slightly more stretch due to tension.

kthoag

Reaction score
I too am loving all the activity in this thread, RgT is one my favorite brands. Just picked up a pre- "hawk tag" striped Maker shirt on Grailed, as well as a washed chambray. I am having a lot of trouble not buying a Stealth supply jacket, and a grey work shirt, and an ISC work shirt when they drop. Karl makes great ****.

Inelson

Reaction score
Sorry, Still new to this...

But

You need to enter the fade contest for the 16.75oz slubs #rgtslubfaders
Fine, fine, if I can still fine my size online i'm ordering a pair today! Gonna get some slubby fading on!

Lucas89

Reaction score
Love seeing the huge IG supporters repping here on SF as well. This new fall drop has me going crazy! Loving all of it. Just in case anyone else has been on the lookout for leftovers from the summer drop, the short sleeve shirts and shorts are on sale at a bunch of the online stores like Revolve, Need Supply, and some others. I copped from both last week

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first Rouge Territory jeans. Got the tonal Stantons. Great thread. It helped me with sizing. Going to need to hem them. I have a 28" inseam, so cuffing them from 36 would be outrageous.

CelliniEVO

Reaction score
Hey Karl, is the ISC workshirt coming out soon goin to be the same as the one released in FW2012? I unfortunately just had to sell my size Medium of that run cuz it was getting a bit tight....really need another one! I wore that baby daily for about a year! If so, has the sizing changed at all since 2012?

Thanks

Rogue Territory

Reaction score
The ISC fabric is different. The indigo warp x indigo weft selvedge canvas is from Italy. It has an inkier indigo color instead of the bluish black color of the Cone Mills canvas. The hand is also smoother, IMO easier to wear. The fit is the same as our newer workshirt. the shoulder, chest, and body are essentially the same as the one you had, but the forearm has been opened up a bit more. Hope that answers your questions. It's a beautiful piece and will serve you well! -Karl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads