• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

breck81

Reaction score
I thought no one was going to/allowed to post the fall Rgt online until 9/2?
Maybe as long as it arrives after that date its ok. Just my thoughts. I ordered one from them yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive on 9/3.

dsthompson

Reaction score
cool! Wonder if it'll be the same exact thing or something different?
Yeah...I am pretty psyched for it. Karl posted on this board a few months ago, I think. He definitely said it is 12.5 oz...

jd091

Reaction score
Maybe as long as it arrives after that date its ok. Just my thoughts. I ordered one from them yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive on 9/3.
Just ordered from The Class Room as well, scheduled to arrive on 9/3 as well. Snake Oil Provisions just posted it an hour or two ago on their website and it's all sold out except in XS

Inelson

Reaction score
If i'm a perfect small in the Rgt Fielding jacket should I size up of stay true with the supply jacket?

breck81

Reaction score
If i'm a perfect small in the Rgt Fielding jacket should I size up of stay true with the supply jacket?
That's a tough call. I chase the 21(or 21.5) inch chest size. For me that is a Medium in all but the canvas. I wear a Large in the Canvas Supply, so i went L for the Wax version considering the lining will take some of the room. The thing is we don't know the measurements on the Waxed yet. I took a gamble and went with my canvas size since that's what it is. The denim supply's will stretch a bit. Canvas doesn't tent to stretch as much. I hope that helps.

davidw25

Reaction score
First of, do not take this as a knock on RgT, just coming here for some advice as it is an RgT product, this was purchased from an RgT retailer.
This summer I purchased the Raw Indigo Chambray Workshirt and I absolutely love it! Problem is...when I order i specifically asked from the retailer (not Rgt or Karl) if the item would shrink. I was informed that to their knowledge it would not. So I started wearing it the last few days as it cooled down a bit and my office is air conditioned. Yesterday I threw it in the wash...shrinks over half an inch in the shoulders, 1.5 inches in the chest, and an inch in length. I sent them an email yesterday and they have not replied. 1. I am kinda upset I was given misinformation that has made the product unwearable by me. 2. Hopefully someone else will see this and make sure their sizing is correct. and 3. Would anyone like to trade (M for L)...??? 4. What would you expect in a situation like this?

**Side note...waxed supply jacket is killer, can't wait for it to get cold so I can wear it.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of, do not take this as a knock on RgT, just coming here for some advice as it is an RgT product, this was purchased from an RgT retailer.
This summer I purchased the Raw Indigo Chambray Workshirt and I absolutely love it! Problem is...when I order i specifically asked from the retailer (not Rgt or Karl) if the item would shrink. I was informed that to their knowledge it would not. So I started wearing it the last few days as it cooled down a bit and my office is air conditioned. Yesterday I threw it in the wash...shrinks over half an inch in the shoulders, 1.5 inches in the chest, and an inch in length. I sent them an email yesterday and they have not replied. 1. I am kinda upset I was given misinformation that has made the product unwearable by me. 2. Hopefully someone else will see this and make sure their sizing is correct. and 3. Would anyone like to trade (M for L)...??? 4. What would you expect in a situation like this?

**Side note...waxed supply jacket is killer, can't wait for it to get cold so I can wear it.

You got bad info from the retailer. Any "raw" (i.e. unwashed) cotton item of any kind will shrink, especially in a washing machine, and, of course, most especially in a dryer. Denim nerds often hand wash raw denim to minimize shrinkage. I suppose the same might apply to a raw shirt.

Last edited:

davidw25

Reaction score
It did not go in a dryer. I am kinda pissed that now I seem to be paying the price, nearly 200 dollars, because a retailer can't give me quality info.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It did not go in a dryer. I am kinda pissed that now I seem to be paying the price, nearly 200 dollars, because a retailer can't give me quality info.

Even if it didn't go in a dryer, the agitation and water temperature in a washing machine can exacerbate shrinkage. But even if you hand wash as gentle as can be, raw items will shrink to some degree.

I'd talk to the retailer.

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score

It is unfortunate, but "raw" cotton will always shrink a little once wet. Obviously water temps and agitation will increase shrinking. I also have that shirt and gave mine a cold soak and hung to dry in the sun. I contacted RgT prior because i too was worried about shrinking, as it is already slim, and Leslie told me that it shouldn't shrink much with a cold soak and air dry. She also said if i was worried, to wear it while it dried or to stretch it while wet to combat some shrinkage. Machine washing was never recommended as the results and degree of shrinking are unknown.

Once i got in to buying these pricey shirts and jeans i made sure to do tons of research so i didn't end up with an issue like you are now in currently.

On a side note you could treat it like a "Shacket" shirt/jacket.Wear an undershirt and button a few or none at all. Of all the workshirts the raw does seem to be a shade slimmer and runs the risk of shrinkage compared to the heavier, washed versions. Its still a tough pill to swallow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads