1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

are the arms on the jacket lined too?

2. jd091

jd091 Member

Satin lined, not wool. Pockets are wool lined though.

3. jd091

jd091 Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  4. breck81

breck81 Senior member

That's a tough call. I chase the 21(or 21.5) inch chest size. For me that is a Medium in all but the canvas. I wear a Large in the Canvas Supply, so i went L for the Wax version considering the lining will take some of the room. The thing is we don't know the measurements on the Waxed yet. I took a gamble and went with my canvas size since that's what it is. The denim supply's will stretch a bit. Canvas doesn't tent to stretch as much. I hope that helps.

1 person likes this.
  5. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

First of, do not take this as a knock on RgT, just coming here for some advice as it is an RgT product, this was purchased from an RgT retailer.
    This summer I purchased the Raw Indigo Chambray Workshirt and I absolutely love it! Problem is...when I order i specifically asked from the retailer (not Rgt or Karl) if the item would shrink. I was informed that to their knowledge it would not. So I started wearing it the last few days as it cooled down a bit and my office is air conditioned. Yesterday I threw it in the wash...shrinks over half an inch in the shoulders, 1.5 inches in the chest, and an inch in length. I sent them an email yesterday and they have not replied. 1. I am kinda upset I was given misinformation that has made the product unwearable by me. 2. Hopefully someone else will see this and make sure their sizing is correct. and 3. Would anyone like to trade (M for L)...??? 4. What would you expect in a situation like this?

**Side note...waxed supply jacket is killer, can't wait for it to get cold so I can wear it.

6. applky

applky Senior member

You got bad info from the retailer. Any "raw" (i.e. unwashed) cotton item of any kind will shrink, especially in a washing machine, and, of course, most especially in a dryer. Denim nerds often hand wash raw denim to minimize shrinkage. I suppose the same might apply to a raw shirt.

7. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

It did not go in a dryer. I am kinda pissed that now I seem to be paying the price, nearly 200 dollars, because a retailer can't give me quality info.

8. applky

applky Senior member

Even if it didn't go in a dryer, the agitation and water temperature in a washing machine can exacerbate shrinkage. But even if you hand wash as gentle as can be, raw items will shrink to some degree.

I'd talk to the retailer.

9. breck81

breck81 Senior member

It is unfortunate, but "raw" cotton will always shrink a little once wet. Obviously water temps and agitation will increase shrinking. I also have that shirt and gave mine a cold soak and hung to dry in the sun. I contacted RgT prior because i too was worried about shrinking, as it is already slim, and Leslie told me that it shouldn't shrink much with a cold soak and air dry. She also said if i was worried, to wear it while it dried or to stretch it while wet to combat some shrinkage. Machine washing was never recommended as the results and degree of shrinking are unknown.

Once i got in to buying these pricey shirts and jeans i made sure to do tons of research so i didn't end up with an issue like you are now in currently.

On a side note you could treat it like a "Shacket" shirt/jacket.Wear an undershirt and button a few or none at all. Of all the workshirts the raw does seem to be a shade slimmer and runs the risk of shrinkage compared to the heavier, washed versions. Its still a tough pill to swallow.

10. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Anyone have a pit-to-pit measurement on the new waxed canvas blanket lined jacket in medium and large? Can't find it anywhere.

11. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

I have a P to P on my Large at just a shade over 21 inches.

12. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Thanks. I probably made the right choice with medium but I guess I'll find out when it gets there.

13. Lucas89

Lucas89 Member

Hey guys,
    Long time lurker..Huge RGT fan and been expanding my collection over the last year or so. Karl's been super helpful with all my questions and so have the Snake Oil Provision dudes. I've got 2 pairs of size 29 (15.5" waist) officer trousers which I had to shrink a bit for waist and overall silhouette, size S campus jacket, and a bunch of size S shirting, but am trying to figure out my sizing for the denim, particularly 15oz Stealth's but torn between SK or Stanton.

I mostly wear Levi's 510 Super Skinnys in 30"x30" and hem to 27" inseam.. Waist is roughly 15.5-15.75" on those and size 27 SK vs. 27 Stanton is basically the same thing based on the RGT online measurements.

Main question: how much is the stretch on Stealth's since they're pretty heavy? A size 27 SK is 15.25" waist, but too much stretch will likely make too roomy. A size 27 Stanton is 14.75" waist so I would need .5-.75" stretch to make em comfy.

What has everyone experienced?

Thanks for any help!

14. andrewjamesdean

andrewjamesdean Senior member

I've found that my Stealths have not stretched very much at all, compared with my indigo pairs. The Stealth denim is also heavier, so took longer to break in and get comfortable

15. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I would imagine the stealth stretches around .5"-1" in the waist, at best. It is heavier than the indigo versions. The tighter and more tension the more it will stretch, marginally. Sounds like that 27 Stanton with stretch would turn out great.

16. dsthompson

dsthompson Well-Known Member

Anybody order the unlined waxed canvas supply jacket? I ordered the blanket lined version from General Quarters, and love it so much that I'd like to pick up the unlined version as well...already sold out in size L at RgT though! If anybody ordered a size L and it ends up not fitting, let me know, and I'll gladly buy it from you...

17. breck81

breck81 Senior member

How does the fit compare to other supply jackets? Does the lining make it fit a little tighter? P.s. If you can't find an unlined version, I've seen 2 people wax their camel canvas supply from spring.

18. malefe

malefe Member

19. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I'd love to do the Slub Faders contest, but my 14.5s are only 3 months old. Plus i copped the waxed/wool, grey selvedge work shirt, and holding out for something in the 2nd F/W drop. I look forward to watching the fades and cheering yall on. I will probably get a pair down the road, but am practicing a bit of self control at the moment:)

I have never owned any SKs, but i am super interested in snagging a pair down the road. I've got the 14.5 statons and a pair of work trousers, but i am intrigued by the SKs, but afraid im not built for them.