1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. smdbitchh

smdbitchh Well-Known Member

I have the SK's in a 29 and had them hemmed to a 32" inseam and they are still only 7 at the opening which is nice.

I think since you are hemming them even more they would be a bit wider but the smaller waist size has a smaller opening by a decent amount so should be plenty tapered regardless.

the 29 have a 7" opening and the 28 and below it drops to 6.5"

2. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I figure. Guess I could also email them to check. Does the inseam of the sk shrink much after a cold soak?

3. smdbitchh

smdbitchh Well-Known Member

I havent washed mine yet but I doubt they will shrink much at all.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Yeah raw (sanforized) denim isn't going to shrink much at all in the inseam. You'd be looking at half an inch at the most but more than likely closer to 1/10th.

5. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

do people cut off the RgT tag or leave it on? just curious what people's take on it are... if you cut it off, do you have any ideas for it or just throw it in the trash?

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Why in the hell would you take it off

7. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Well-Known Member

the long inside tag that has the size on it? i usually cut it off as it sometimes gets bunched up or comes out the top of the pants haha. i have a drawer full of hem scraps and tags from my clothes over the years. don't know what to do with them either.

8. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

When are you guys planning on restocking the Navy Canvas Stantons?

9. wonsmithr8

Instead of getting the Stantons, I tried out the ar-g trousers and officer trousers (looking for other pants to wear to work) and man to my disappointment, they were skin tight everywhere and I couldn't even crouch in them. RT might not be for me :/

10. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

Anyone have fit pics of the new safari/officer shorts?

11. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I'm actually pretty surprised how slim all their cuts are. The stanton is the least slim, and it's pretty skinny in the thigh for sure. The other pants are even slimmer. IME, if you are slim overall (ie in the waist) but have athletic thighs/butt you can't wear their pants. However...

I don't, but my buddy did pick some up and IMO they look pretty good on him. Contrary to my above comments, he's tall and lean, but has pretty muscular legs and they seem to work well for him w/ out being too tight. He likes how sturdy they are, as he does pretty much all his daily life on the bike.

12. wonsmithr8

Yeah man it's seriously tight despite the measurements. I think it's because RT measures their pants differently than others. I picked up railcarfinegoods spikes x012 with 22" thighs and it's comfortable and I can crouch easily. I would think 23" thighs officer trousers would fit but nope, like tights.

13. eyeq8402

eyeq8402 Well-Known Member

anyone have a black supply jacket in medium they want to part with?

14. ModWar

ModWar Well-Known Member

Somehow RT just is not my fit. Never got a pair of denim especially SKs fitting right. My true size is really wide in the seat area and sizing down results in way too skinny legs from the knee down.
    Anyone got similar problems?
    If someone is interested in the Blue Chambray Jacquard which was one of their first shirts. I have a brand new size S which fits too large for me.
    Just drop me a PM.

15. cellardoors

cellardoors Well-Known Member

Hear hear. I have an athletic biking body, so with SKs its either right in the waist, but tight at thigh/knee, or right in those parts and waaay to loose in the knee. I'm still looking for dark, mid-rise heavyweight jeans that are *slim/skinny* - but made for athletic bodies...

16. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Anyone try the Grayscale wash? Looking for a grey denim; considering JE as well, but their grey denim is super tapered through the calf.

Have the Stantons in Stealth and I love the fit. (The sizing stuff above doesn't match my experience oddly enough as I'm a 31 waist with weight lifters thighs and RT is a great fit on me.)

17. pocketnight

pocketnight Member

I'm looking at a pair of Dark Stantons but its hard to tell the fit from just measurements. RgT's measurements make them seem like they will fit me, but BlueOwl's make them seem really tight. I'm about a 32" waist with 22" thighs and a bit of a larger rear. I'd like a true slim straight fit, nothing too tight or loose. And I'd reckon I'm a 29 based of the waist size. Anybody have any insight to the fit? Does the Stanton work well for larger thighs and legs?

18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I picked up the dark stantons in September and they SUCKED at first and are amazing now. For whatever reason the dark stantons stretch more than usual, so I went with a 33 (wear a 34 in everything else, I have to size up in 90% of pants, raw denim or not, so that the thighs fit, this was the first time I actually went TTS (though the waist is now pretty loose, don't need a belt but I'd say the waist is a size too big).
    I need a 12.5" thigh minimum (guess that would make my actual thigh around 24") and these started skin tight and are no comfortably tight. They've stretched over an inch everywhere I need them to.

TLDR - RgT measurements are accurate and work for people with bigger thighs and top block IME.

19. msg

msg Well-Known Member

I'm a 31 waist, athletic, and a 29 was perfect for me in the stealth Stanton.

20. pocketnight

pocketnight Member

Thanks for the info. Man, the more I look into Rogue Territory the more conflicted I get. I keep hearing that they have room in the top block and work well for larger thighs, then I hear that they're skin tight on athletic build people. The measurements don't tell the full story either.