1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jimtology

jimtology Well-Known Member

I love the new fabrics,but I feel uneasy about the split selvage. I'm confused on the usage of the split selvage. Is it just because of the different size of the fabric?

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

What's to be uneasy over? Other brands have done half selvage hems for ages (see: Lee.) Doesn't change the quality, it's merely an aesthetic choice. As in this case, the fabric roll had an additional 17" of width meaning that if he just cut off the edges to make a standard selvage hem, he'd have a lot more "wasted" fabric from the middle section.

Basically, he'd either have to buy more yards to make the same jeans with a standard hem or he could buy less yards, make the same jeans, and not have a bunch of cut up fabric left over.

3. jimtology

jimtology Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not talking about how the split selvage reflects the quality. It's just that the split selvage didn't appeal to me.Like you said, it's an aesthetic choice.

4. meso

meso Senior member

Rogue Territory - are you going to get a restock of the dark brown herringbone pants in larger sizes ever?

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Easiest thing is to just email Karl directly. He only checks in here every now and then.

6. jackie17

jackie17 Member

Does anyone have the RK natural selvedge canvas? Looking for a pant to wear in the summer heat. How do these look after some wear? Look a little too white brand new for my taste...

Also, wondering how accurate the measurements are on the site. I've checked a few different sites that carry these and they have different measurements. I understand there will be variations from one pair to another, but I'm hoping these come with more room in the upper leg than some sites indicate. I'm 31" waist and need 12" thigh. On this note, how does duck canvas stretch relative to denim? If the thighs are 11.75" brand new as their site indicates will they stretch to over 12" without much effort?

Thanks

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

There may be some variance in measurements but I'm guessing you won't find the upper thigh to be as roomy as you like. Cotton duck does not stretch much, less then most denim IME. Also, getting the thighs to stretch much is challenging. Maybe a .25" is possible, but certainly not more. I think the RT site has the most accurate measurements.

Like you, the sweet spot on thigh measurement is ~12" for me. 11.75 works too, but anything closer to 11.5 is pretty snug. I just picked up the Stantons in a 31, and the thigh feels good (I could size down to a 30 for waist and top block, but then the thighs would for sure bee too tight). With wear, I'm guessing it will settle nicely and be a good slim fit w/out being uncomfortably tight.

You might just email Karl. He's very responsive.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  8. jackie17

jackie17 Member

oboy,

thanks for your response. do you know how to get in touch with karl? i've tried the e-mail on their site with no luck.

9. danisdead

danisdead Member

dbl Indigo workshirt.

[​IMG]

10. danisdead

danisdead Member

Here are my 3 month old RT Dark Stanton. Worn about 4 days a week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. poorman

poorman Senior member

[​IMG]

Damn! That looks real nice. If he could find brass buttons that would look even better!

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

It's a prototype but honestly, I hope he doesn't switch to brass. I don't think he will, either, seeing as how his jeans don't use brass.

It's the fact that they're not brass, that this isn't another Type 1/101J, is the point he's trying to make.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  13. poorman

poorman Senior member

haha. I get it, I get it. The jacket is still nice either way, hope it gets released one day.

14. meso

meso Senior member

[​IMG]

15. 1234

1234 Senior member

Is it true the stantons don't stretch at all in the waist? I've read conflicting info on it.

Just got a pair of the black one's and I can button them up all the way, but they are pretty tight in the waist. Fit is good everywhere else. Should I break them in or size up?

16. meso

meso Senior member

Pre-orders open for the double indigo workshirt.

17. colindn

colindn Active Member

Definitely pre-ordering the double indigo work shirt, but I'm a bit uncertain about the sizing.

Based on the posted measurements, I'd fit an XL perfectly....but that just seems way too big since I'm a medium/large in every other shirt I've ever purchased.

Wondering if anyone can comment. I'm 5'11, 180lbs and fit the following:

Medium AD in Wolf vs. Goat
    Large in Iron Heart "sparkly western" (IHSH-59)
    Large in Rag & Bone "yokohama"

Thanks

18. ultrahealth

ultrahealth Active Member

I ordered a xl last round. It was too big and measured bigger than the site measurements. I'm an L in Iron Heart etc... I ended up with a large in the herringbone work shirt instead (the double indigo had sold out) and it fits fine. Snugger that the IH large but fine non-the-less.

19. aarice

aarice Active Member

Picked up some Dark Stanton's a couple days ago -- anyone know how bad the indigo bleeding is with them?

20. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

My SKs seemed to bleed a lot but I didn't pre soak them or anything. The Dark Stantons are a different fabric so I can't say for sure. I'd just email Karl, he's been wearing them a lot this summer.