1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mpcec, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

its too long both in body and arm length. Everything i've read points to sizing TTS, but I would probably size down and then hot soak it.

What size and do you want to sell it?

2. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Senior member

and i ordered a medium

DOH!!! Looking at the numbers on the site and measuring a shirt I almost live in, the chest on the large was spot on so I figured the length and sleeves could be worked on. I always roll my sleeves as well so I'm not too worried but the length might get me. Thanks for the replys, really appreciate it [​IMG]

3. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Senior member

Helluva shirt.

I'm actually glad the mediums sold out as it got me to get off the fence and get a large which was the right choice considering how slim these run. It was pretty long in both body and sleeve, the sleeves comically long, but with a long hot soak and a tumble dry (in an old laundry bag) it shrank up nicely without losing much indigo. The sleeves are still way too long to wear without cuffing but the body is ok.

For the body, I'm glad I sized up as I hate wearing anything constricting and go for range of movement more than perfect fit.

4. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

It's been mentioned before but yeah, that's the Stanton. The other model they sell is the SK.

6. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Word thanks. I got both styles to figure out fit, with free returns. Bummed Im sending my money to UO.[​IMG]

7. chubacca

chubacca Active Member

Has any muscular guys have had any experience with the double indigo work shirt? I'm 6ft, 215lbs with broad shoulders and the measurements look extremely small on the RT site. It looks like half the size of a normal shirt.

Thanks for any help!

8. poorman

poorman Senior member

I just got my pair of the SK model. $80 shipped off eBay. I can't wait to break them in.

9. dra

dra Senior member

How much stretch have people seen with their Stantons? I've seen people say their is virtually no stretch while the RGT website states it could stretch a full size.

10. booger

booger Senior member

Limited pre-order for 25 pairs of the dbl indigo work trou up now, $270.

11. URALLMORONS

^^^Little hard to justify going from 170-180(old price) to 270+12(shipping).

What is this Roy denim? haha....

12. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

^^^Little hard to justify going from 170-180(old price) to 270+12(shipping). What is this Roy denim? haha....
    did they make any changes to the garment? if not, that is an out of control price increase if they were $180 last year.

13. dra

dra Senior member

did they make any changes to the garment? if not, that is an out of control price increase if they were $180 last year.
    Not necessarily. There are fixed costs associated with making any product, regardless of how many units are made. If the run is limited to only 25, there are fewer units to spread the fixed costs to which consequently will drive the price up.

14. whatever123

Not necessarily. There are fixed costs associated with making any product, regardless of how many units are made. If the run is limited to only 25, there are fewer units to spread the fixed costs to which consequently will drive the price up.
    right, i totally get that but $100 more? did they really retail for $180 during their last run?

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Work Trouser never cost $170. It was more like $250.

16. whatever123

Work Trouser never cost $170. It was more like $250.
    ah, okay. that was what i thought ... i actually thought it was closer to $220 but i know you know whats up. thanks oboy! sometimes you can never believe what you read on the net [​IMG]

17. URALLMORONS

Oboy may be right....price hasnt been up in a while and I could be thinking of the work shirt. If so my apologies. If not then oh well. I might buy some but i just don't know right now....

18. whatever123

Boy may be right....price hasnt been up in a while and I could be thinking of the work shirt. If so my apologies. If not then oh well. I might buy some but i just don't know right now....
    na, its cool. that was why i questioned it [​IMG]

19. URALLMORONS

na, its cool. that was why i questioned it [​IMG]

I was talking about Oboy.

20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I don't recall exactly the price of the first run of Work Trousers but I know they were at least $220, and I think closer to $250. So, even if it was the former, the price increase is not outrageous, though it's not trivial either. The fabric is expensive, I know that. My pair were a sample, and I bought them from Karl for a good deal, but still a price closer to his standard denim jeans.

Mine are nearly identical to a final pair, save a few minor finishing details--no screen printing on pocket bags, for example--and the fact that they are cut a little slimmer through the thigh and leg. Honestly, that's my only complaint: I could use a touch more room in the thigh. Other than that, these are some of my favorite pants, maybe ever.