• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Neat! Was he flashing his HF label again? Awesome to see Hickey Freeman getting so much attention.
:fistbump:

Yes but for some reason the forum won't let me upload the pic... says it's too big at 387 k

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but for some reason the forum won't let me upload the pic... says it's too big at 387 k
iPhone can adjust to smaller size if you email or text to yourself

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
0EF18C20-96EB-450D-9856-E16E4533A48E.jpeg

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great news! Anything interesting you can tell us about the dress shirts that are going to be made at the factory?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did someone gently remind him that HF now has a gold label and he should upgrade? :smarmy:

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great news! Anything interesting you can tell us about the dress shirts that are going to be made at the factory?

I can't, personally, comment publicly so unless things are in the public domain, like what was discussed at the press conference, I'm not allowed to say.

Did someone gently remind him that HF now has a gold label and he should upgrade? :smarmy:

He is proud of buying all his suits at our warehouse sales. "I am frugal", he said. So he buys the older stuff which is cheaper, I guess.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you help to modernize the HF cut, jeffery? I think I remember seeing a HF suit is the past few years and noticed it seems different.

Also @smittycl have you not picked up yet I was just messing with everyone on Stone? I don't like the guy at all but have to admit I laugh at his relentless fundraising for his defense fund

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't, personally, comment publicly so unless things are in the public domain, like what was discussed at the press conference, I'm not allowed to say.

Pre-2010 you guys made some of the nicest RTW shirts I've ever worn. The fabric quality was a lot higher than the stuff you guys are producing now. I also remember the HF site having a MTO option for shirts. Will it be coming back?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you help to modernize the HF cut, jeffery? I think I remember seeing a HF suit is the past few years and noticed it seems different.

Also @smittycl have you not picked up yet I was just messing with everyone on Stone? I don't like the guy at all but have to admit I laugh at his relentless fundraising for his defense fund
Digital communications are nothing like sitting at a table over a few beers. Easy to appear as a troll.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yes. I also created some new silhouettes but they don't have a huge market penetration.

Pre-2010 you guys made some of the nicest RTW shirts I've ever worn. The fabric quality was a lot higher than the stuff you guys are producing now. I also remember the HF site having a MTO option for shirts. Will it be coming back?

During the last HMX bankruptcy the IP was acquired by Authentic Brands Group and the owner at the time kept manufacturing and licensed the HF label back from them. The HF factory was later sold off to the company which owns Samuelsohn (who acquired the HF clothing license) and the dress shirt division was given off to another company. The Levy Group now does HF-branded sportswear and dress shirts.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are the new silhouettes and what was the inspiration?

I know a lot of people appreciate your blog and work here. I feel like @NickPollica got a lot of buzz with Eidos and maybe the new silhouettes would gain a following me if members were educated. I did notice the nice fabric and something different about the shoulders. I would say that I categorically trust everything you do

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nick Pollica had a lot of freedom to discuss his work online, freedom which I am not afforded. :confused2:

But thank you for your kind words.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the new silhouettes and what was the inspiration?

I know a lot of people appreciate your blog and work here. I feel like @NickPollica got a lot of buzz with Eidos and maybe the new silhouettes would gain a following me if members were educated. I did notice the nice fabric and something different about the shoulders. I would say that I categorically trust everything you do

Nick Pollica had a lot of freedom to discuss his work online, freedom which I am not afforded. :confused2:

But thank you for your kind words.

It would be cool if Hickey Freeman released a silhouette with a wider lapel and English fabrics to compete with some of the niche suit makers. But I'm under the impression a 4in lapel would look off to most buyers and would have limited selling power.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be cool if Hickey Freeman released a silhouette with a wider lapel and English fabrics to compete with some of the niche suit makers. But I'm under the impression a 4in lapel would look off to most buyers and would have limited selling power.
What are the niche suit makers you refer to? Eg, Phineas Cole?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the niche suit makers you refer to? Eg, Phineas Cole?

Eidos, Formosa, Ring Jacket, Spier Mckay, Dalcoure, Liverano RTW etc. Anything with a unique house style. It would be cool to see them make something in the style of the Milanese or the old Brooks Brothers house cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads