• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s like when people say David Beckham has great style... no he doesn’t, but when you are handsome and have a body society deems as “perfect” you always look amazing...

bizarre to me that anyone would bring up his body shape as the problem. there are plenty of heavier set guys that look great. it's definitely easier to pull things off when you have a more "ideal" body type, but look at guys like niidawg (former styleforum member), tony sylvester, ethan newton, jackie gleason, michael drake, etc. all of those guys look tremendous -- some of them even dress with a lot of personality. they look unusual, but they also don't look like a cartoon villain who just took over manhattan and will kill everyone unless the batman answers his riddle.

29-roger-stone.w700.h700.jpg

roger stone could get the best tailor in the world and even a new body. it wouldn't change the fact that he has terrible taste.

also weird to me that this is being described as partisan. are we liking the penguin's outfits now to own the libs?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take away the hat and the outfit is fine.

But to @dieworkwear, everything orange man = BAD!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Take away the hat and the outfit is fine.

But to @dieworkwear, everything orange man = BAD!

why are you so mad at me? i honestly don't even remember ever interacting with you.

your posts in this thread is just a string of triggered anti-democrat rants when no one here even brought up stone's politics.

EzraPaul

Reaction score
The logical explanation is that at one point, all his 20 year+ old bespoke suits fit him. Then he lost weight. He never bothered to get them altered

But of course petulant little Dems like @dieworkwear have to get their partisan shots in.

That would be the logical explanation, but there are plenty of pictures of him and I haven't seen any that show this. If anything he was skinnier. And even if he did, shoulder width is very hard to increase (trust me I've tried) and his neck didn't shrink by 2.5". That doesn't happen.

I also wanted to note that you're criticizing some of the other forum members because you think they are attacking Stone purely out of politics, but the opposite could also be argued - that you're defending him because of your political feelings. I'm happy to criticize bad style on all political spectrums:

img_0892.jpg

3219359139_46b9287372_o.jpg

byrne.jpg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The logical explanation is that at one point, all his 20 year+ old bespoke suits fit him. Then he lost weight. He never bothered to get them altered

But of course petulant little Dems have to get their partisan shots in.

Don't you have an AOC Green New Deal rally to go to?

tenor.gif

My original point proves itself.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i honestly don't even remember ever interacting with you.

This is objectively false because you did once send me a message with a racial stereotype in it completely out of the blue. Unfortunately I can't search for it because of the new forum software.

Heard you send a lot of out of the blue nasty messages, even to this day.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is objectively false because you did once send me a message with a racial stereotype in it completely out of the blue. Unfortunately I can't search for it because of the new forum software.

Heard you send a lot of those sorts of messages, even to this day.

what are you even talking about? literally, the last thing i remember about you is iammatt calling you a village idiot. i've had you on block for years and am now being forced to click 'see ignored messages' cause im engaged in my first stupid convo with your dumb ass.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what are you even talking about? literally, the last thing i remember about you is iammatt calling you a village idiot. i've had you on block for years and am now being forced to click 'see ignored messages' cause im engaged in my first stupid convo with your dumb ass.

You definitely did send me a racial stereotype message many years ago. I only regret the search functionality is broken now or I'd dig it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads