• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know roger, he’s not really a friend. He told me he likes his trousers cut more fully. Regarding his collar gap, as previously noted, I suspect he has had the suits altered over time and is significantly larger now than when they were commissioned. He doesn’t exclusively wear bespoke either.

The other big issue with roger is that a tailor can only do so much: at the end of the day, an athletic guy in a jumper is going to look better than a fat guy in a bespoke suit.

EzraPaul

Reaction score
I know roger, he’s not really a friend. He told me he likes his trousers cut more fully. Regarding his collar gap, as previously noted, I suspect he has had the suits altered over time and is significantly larger now than when they were commissioned. He doesn’t exclusively wear bespoke either.

The other big issue with roger is that a tailor can only do so much: at the end of the day, an athletic guy in a jumper is going to look better than a fat guy in a bespoke suit.

I doubt it. The issue is that they are too big in the chest, shoulders, and neckline. That would not be the case if he was larger now. And I've seen many pictures of him and he doesn't seem to ever have been significantly larger than he is currently. I'm convinced that he's always been either buying his suits a size too big off the rack or his clothier isn't adjusting the stock pattern correctly to shorten the collar. Pant bagginess could be attributed to preference, but no one is asking their tailor for collar gap.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Detecting a lot of liberal bias in this thread
Is it still liberal bias when one shows up looking like this?

16-burn-trump-thread.w700.h700.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I doubt it. The issue is that they are too big in the chest, shoulders, and neckline. That would not be the case if he was larger now. And I've seen many pictures of him and he doesn't seem to ever have been significantly larger than he is currently. I'm convinced that he's always been either buying his suits a size too big off the rack or his clothier isn't adjusting the stock pattern correctly to shorten the collar. Pant bagginess could be attributed to preference, but no one is asking their tailor for collar gap.

Collar gap is the least of his issues.

roger-stone-1a7b02fe-7e4f-471c-bf7c-4b5ad713117-resize-750.jpg

16-burn-trump-thread.w700.h700.jpg
29-roger-stone.w700.h700.jpg
20-roger-stone-roast.w700.h700.jpg
Dh_7iaBVAAE9vCX.jpg
roger stone.jpg

PizzaDude

Reaction score

It’s like when people say David Beckham has great style... no he doesn’t, but when you are handsome and have a body society deems as “perfect” you always look amazing...

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The logical explanation is that at one point, all his 20 year+ old bespoke suits fit him. Then he lost weight. He never bothered to get them altered

But of course petulant little Dems have to get their partisan shots in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads