• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rogaine vs generic brands

greg

Reaction score
Need advice guys.....would a brand name like Rogaine be more effective than a store brand (specifically a generic Target version)? I compared the contents and they are exactly the same but the former costs more almost 50% more. A friend started with Rogaine and eventually switched to a Walgreens brand and he swears, they both work the same in halting his hair loss. Your thoughts would be so appreciated. Thanks.

vantheman

Reaction score
As far as I know, the ingredients are the same. But some generic brands have way worse applicators included with them.

prg12

Reaction score
I’m with your friend, I’ve been using a generic hair loss product for 2 years now and I can tell the difference. You could never even tell I embarrassingly had a bald spot prior to using Walgreens. There are quite a few generic brands to choose from, and if you’re having trouble figuring out which one to use smartgeneric.com might be of service. Best of luck!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy