• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roederer Estate, Anderson Valley Brut ROSE

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to try it to believe it. Price for this Champagne went up 20% over the last 6 months.
It beats most non-vintage French wine.
Delicious smell, acidity, fruitiness, dryness, and creamy aftertaste.
Current retail (if you can find it) is $25.oo
I just had to tell the forum about this Rose as it is an absolute bargain.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Now that is confusing, is this the Louis Roederer Rosé, the estate that makes Cristal?
I've heard that they're main cheap-line of champagne is OK, but not something overr the usual?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry this is made in US by Roederer Estate. This is a trend that started farely recently and resulted in many old French Champagne producers making their (method traditionel) in US from US grape.
I doubt it will ever be available in Europe.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roederer Estate is one of my favorite sparkling wines. Similar style, but still very different (simpler) from their French cousins. I saw their Hermitage Rose recently, but it was too dear ($60?) to try on a whim.

--Andre

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes-- they're one of the few that get close to the Champagne style on the left coast. If Champagne has 10 attributes, they get 6 right-- and they're the right 6.

Mumm's does OK with this as well. Scharffenberger. There's a Taittenger offshoot too that is nice. There are also a small handful of wineries on Long Island that mimic the French stuff pretty well. Pindar Rare is probably the most reliable of them. I think of it as budget Krug.

OTOH, Domaine Chandon has been flabby and weak every time I've tried it.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Yes-- they're one of the few that get close to the Champagne style on the left coast. If Champagne has 10 attributes, they get 6 right-- and they're the right 6.

Mumm's does OK with this as well. Scharffenberger. There's a Taittenger offshoot too that is nice. There are also a small handful of wineries on Long Island that mimic the French stuff pretty well. Pindar Rare is probably the most reliable of them. I think of it as budget Krug.

OTOH, Domaine Chandon has been flabby and weak every time I've tried it.

Thanks for the info. I tried Mumm rose and regular and it was just ok, imo.
Tattinger was slightly better ,but I cannot rememeber much about it's taste. Definately weaker than French, non vintage Tattinger.
I try to look up Pindar next time i am in NYC.

P.S. I have never been schooled on Champagne and throughout my college years drunk some overly fruity-sweet sparkling wine. Recently I just got bored with reds and decided to do some exploration in Champagne isle. I tried pretty much everything that is available in a regular liquor store in US. Never took liking to any of them except this Roederer Estate Rose.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Will have to try this rose. I would also recommend the J Vineyards Rose from Russian River Valley. It's pretty nice for California sparkling.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Thanks for the info. I tried Mumm rose and regular and it was just ok, imo.
Tattinger was slightly better ,but I cannot rememeber much about it's taste. Definately weaker than French, non vintage Tattinger.
I try to look up Pindar next time i am in NYC.

P.S. I have never been schooled on Champagne and throughout my college years drunk some overly fruity-sweet sparkling wine. Recently I just got bored with reds and decided to do some exploration in Champagne isle. I tried pretty much everything that is available in a regular liquor store in US. Never took liking to any of them except this Roederer Estate Rose.

Have you tried Martini & Rossi Asti? It's generally a sparkling wine that everybody likes. And for the price (normally about $14), I don't think there's any better standard-liqour-store-offering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics