Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Roda and 19Andrea's47 - different, and hard to find

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Neilius, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Neilius

Neilius Member

I was in Florence recently, stopped at a shop called Eredi Chiarini on Via Roma, and found two brands that I simply cannot find anywhere else, though I wish I could:
    Luca Roda makes cool, matte-fabric pocket squares (and rounds), often in colorblock patterns that can be folded to surprising effect.
    And 19Andrea's47 makes probably the most remarkable scarves I have seen anywhere. The company says its big distinction is having purchased some old looms, which I guess produce the slightly sublimated, rich colors. Again, their scarves have a matte finish. Cashmere, linen, fine wool, and combinations thereof.
    Part of the difficulty in finding them is their weird name, which I spelled properly above. The company does have a website now, but it's just one of those conceptual things without individual pictures or prices, and they do not appear to sell to the public.
    My questions, after that long-winded intro, are these: Does anyone know where I can find either brand in the United States? And has anyone found any other pochette or scarf manufacturers that are as different as these?

2. 19 Andreas 47

19 Andreas 47 New Member