• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rocky's (HK) Fashions vs ATimeless Tailor vs BMV Bespoke - The travelling HK tailor

Chich

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After dumping my previous tailor, I'm currently in the market for a new one. Can anyone suggest any of the above or offer any feedback/stories/personal experience for any?

Thanks

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you have a modest budget, try dream bespoke. This is a new shop opened by a HK forum member (not in this forum). I have checked their work in real life and they are much better than Lee Baron.

Check them out on facebook.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

if you have a modest budget, try dream bespoke. This is a new shop opened by a HK forum member (not in this forum). I have checked their work in real life and they are much better than Lee Baron.

Check them out on facebook.

Do you know what price range Dream Bespoke charges for full canvased? Lee Baron used to be HK$4500 a couple years ago, but I've heard it's gone up.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only know their CMT price is around the price above. However, they have all the English and Italian books so you are safe. Overall, they are cheaper than Lee Baron and provide a better product.

Btw, you speak Chinese? If you have language barrier, Ricky from Deam bespoke speaks English.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
I mixed my canto-english with Peter Lee previously. Can get by on my canto, but definitely don't know all the technical tailoring terms in Chinese.

Will check out Dream Bespoke next time I am in HK. The items on their FB page looks good. Would be nice if they send swatches overseas. Lee Baron did that.

Chich

Reaction score
wow so that derailed quick. OK so I've looked up Dream Bespoke and it looks like they don't have a working site, my question was if anyone had a stories or experiences to share of the tailors in the subject, or alternatively if they could recommend a travelling tailor that visits Australia...

smoothmoose

Reaction score
You might want to do a more thorough search of the tailors you mention here. None of them ring a bell for me. Are you looking a tailor in Hong Kong or a travelling tailor to Oz?

For HK the tailors I hear/see most about on this board include:
- WW Chan
- Gordan Yao
- Lee Baron
- Simpson Sin
- Dream Bespoke (new to me), but their FB page looks very promising

You might want to check Simpson Sin as well. They do travel to the USA and maybe have something schedule for Oz as well.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pls not WW Chan again. If I spend that mcuh, I rather have H. Baramon

If you want to find out about dream bespoke, go to HK discuss 'high fashion' page for more details.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads