• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rocknrolla!!!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Guy Ritchie's new film kicks major ass

Back on track with another caper film a la Lock Stock and Snatch

sure it's the same film again, but it's what he does best and he should just stick to remaking the same movie over and over. I have no problem with that

This one has the gamut of colorful characters, and various plots and subplots that all end up tying together.

major thumbs up, a good redemption from Swept Away and Revolver, both steaming turds

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
no one's seen this yet I take it...

it's only playing in LA (arclight) and NYC, opens wide on Oct 31

at the Arclight theatre they had the one button suit that Gerard Butler wears in a couple scenes on mannequin display. He seems to be smaller than i thought he'd be, maybe a size 38.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will check it out soon.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it. Guy Ritchie films are my favourite.

Haqq

Reaction score
Just finished watching it. I have to admit, I loved this movie!! Really funny (when he slaps his worker) and a lot of suspence all around a great film! Definately reccomend this movie.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good -- definitely better than "Revolver". I thought the characters this time around were a lot funnier than any he's ever written. The plot twists were a wee bit predictable but entertaining nonetheless. And Thandie Newton is hands down one of the coolest women ever.

I don't think any of the alleged sequels will surface due to poor box office which is a shame.

Titleist

Reaction score
I watched it recently and loved it. Great characters and great dialogue - as was expected with a Ritchie film. Daaaaaaaaaamn at Thandie Newton. I never found her that attractive before I watched this movie. She was smokin'. I hope Ritchie continues to make these crime films with intertwined plots, and I hope we get to see "The Real Rocknrolla". I think I read that it's supposed to be a trilogy, if everything goes as planned. I'm not sure why the critics aren't giving him his due? He's put out three highly-entertaining films, with plots much more interesting than the majority of the trash that comes out of Hollywood.

pimpbone

Reaction score
yeah this movie was bad ass..... i seen it last week..... its a shame not to many people know about it....

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not nearly as good as his previous efforts, mostly because the writing was weaker. But then again, having recently re-watched his earlier efforts, they weren't as spectacular as I remember them being when younger.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched it yesterday, definitely a very cool movie. Soundtrack is awesome.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Not nearly as good as his previous efforts, mostly because the writing was weaker. But then again, having recently re-watched his earlier efforts, they weren't as spectacular as I remember them being when younger.

i still think LS&TSB and Snatch were better.

I wonder if there is going to be a RR2 and if it actually might have more potential.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
i still think LS&TSB and Snatch were pretty much the same movie.

confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads