• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had occasion to wear this ensemble again recently.

Shoes: Shanghai Tianzi MTM.
Socks: Pantherella.
Trousers: Barrington Ayre MTM.

nephew
nice combo

mp1472

Reaction score
Oh derm you have no idea!

null_zpsa3f3da86.jpg

Bontoni
OTC HP
MTM HF trousers

I think next time Bontoni trunk show rolls around I want a nst in the same leather as these short boots
been looking for a loafer in pebble/scotch grain in this color .... these are awesome as I suspected!

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
cigar lwb
cashmere otc

thanks! loaks make great shoes. enjoy em.

very nice crusty, kaizo and justin.
--

moar chukka chukka lovin

Looking great guys!

Just kidding, although there's that too. But which last do you have? I have a couple of very old pairs (one of which was yesterday's pic), the lasts for which I've no idea of as the numbers inside are long worn away. But some more recent suede ones I have are on the 26, which I find to be a wonderful last, albeit on the generous side. I think they use that one for a chukka or two, too? Nice toe shape, I feel.

Price is definitely another big factor, I'm by no means a baller. They are on the 026 last, which is really good.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Finsbury shoes, BB socks

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
After a long thought I decided to keep it :) (sorry mimo I know you suggested an alternative but thanks for your help :) )

Hey, they're your shoes not mine, and knowing how comfortable I find that last, I understand entirely. Not for me to judge anyway on one pic alone; enjoy them. :)

cigar lwb
cashmere otc
That's a classy pair of brogues, Uncle Mac. I like them a lot.

Shoes: Shanghai Tianzi MTM.
Wow! They look impressive. Tell us more, please? How, how much, etc?

I like your socks. But (and I do have a horsebit prejudice), those are some especially nasty loafers!

Pantherella
Meermin Norvegesse
Congratulations on the new socks. Those Meermins look great - are they MTO? What last are they on?

Price is definitely another big factor, I'm by no means a baller. They are on the 026 last, which is really good.
Agree totally about the last - I have a pair on the same one and find it elegant and comfortable. I find their shoes very good value.

Crusty; monks looking good!

Anyway, today:

Last edited:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mimo, thanks! They're LM Norvegesse, model 20038 on New Rey so no use to you! I had them made in black for no extra charge but wish I'd got them in the standard burgundy antic calf cos they don't use it anymore

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Right about the last. Tight as a shark's chuff at fifty fathoms. But they do look proper pretty, and I think the black is cool.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're getting there! Didn't like polish for the first few attempts, some weird stickiness on them but OK now

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ozzy can you repost which shoes you're talking about I think I missed them and can't seem to locate the original post.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick, It's 8 posts up! I'm trying to upload a better picture but the editor is being a spectacular pain *********** today!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads