1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Jul 27, 2008.

1. mimo

mimo Senior member

There is plenty of jarring and wacky going on. But I do think that's rather the point of this thread; trying out the unusual. I mean, the navy suit, black captoes and charcoal socks are great - and I do all of the above with pleasure, and often, but they're not very interesting for sharing.

I will take a look back; I'm sorry I should have remembered seeing some of your posts before. But I do think the point of this (and other threads) is to share other ideas, that deliberately bounce around the line of good taste. That attitude is probably why I'm always so "popular" in WAYWRN - well, that and the cheap tailoring and shitty pictures.

No hate. :)

2. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Not sure why this is so hard to understand; 98% is probably a conservative number.

2 people like this.
  3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

You're correct, that is the point. No hate from me. I just feel like being "vocal" today.

Also, I would wear navy socks with a navy suit. I am that boring. :)

4. mimo

mimo Senior member

Haha,...I have just looked back over your recent posts, and was about to edit that navy suit to grey flannels! But you do have some excellent shoes. And the grey herringbone socks are fabulous.

And I've no problem with your vocal tendencies. Can't just read reciprocal arse-kissing all the time.

5. patrickBOOTH

I think I have three pairs of the herringbone socks. When I like a sock I get a bunch because my girlfriend will, without a doubt lose half of them in the laundry.

6. mimo

mimo Senior member

If she's going to lose half, buying four pairs is better.

7. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Quote:Now yer just being a smart arse!

8. patrickBOOTH

Maybe the left over one isn't going on my foot.

9. mimo

mimo Senior member

And the news is?
    [​IMG]

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Some great looks gents. Pb thanks for your input. It's nice to hear the good and bad always

[​IMG]

Bontoni
    Pantherella
    Gustin

2 people like this.
  11. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

The socks I'm wearing in my post had to be changed as they were overly fond of my trouser material. Should have listened to you PB!

12. mimo

mimo Senior member

Or don't have your trousers so narrow - a fad that will pass. OTC socks remain eternal. ;)

13. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks! look forward to seeing your news boots.

I AM THE 1%!!

--
    crusty, justin, ozzy, mimo. all nice combos.

14. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

My trou are anything but narrow Mimo! The flannel was sticking to my socks like Velcro!

Thanks Stitchy!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. mimo

mimo Senior member

A welcome clarification! I guess there is a whole science of which OTCs to wear with which trousers, that goes way beyond the considerations of the RYST.

16. patrickBOOTH

I also have a huge pet peeve about people who do multiple cuffs with denim. I think when you can see the hem turned up it looks better. Also, if you are cuffing denim and you don't have the selvedge edges you have no right wearing jeans.

17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

So my order of socks may be short-lived. There's already wear on the area where it hits the toe nails. And no, I don't keep them long. They're absurdly short and filed.

Anyone have tips on how to make them last longer? And washing them? I just did cold wash with hang-dry.

18. patrickBOOTH

I only wear wool socks. They last much longer and their color stays in tact much longer as well. No difference as far as warmth is concerned.

19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Good idea. All the ones I got are fucking gorgeous, but they are all cotton. Any idea where else I can get sized OTR wool socks for $25~ a pair? I'll look at MCR when I get home, it doesn't load at work.

On a side-note, when I received my socks from MCR, it was an awesome experience opening the package. I'm starting to really appreciate nicely packed things. People say, "I'd rather the product be better than look pretty on arrival" which is true. But ordering from Hober and MCR was nice. Quite a bit of personal touch to the presentation. Mainly, Hobers ties are in a really awesome box. But that's not for this thread.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  20. patrickBOOTH

I've never ordered from MCR. Don't even know what it is. I generally load up on Brooks Brothers wool socks when they have their buy six get like 90% off deal. I can never find Pantharellas that I like aside from solids.