• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meemo

Reaction score
first time post in this thread... nothing too fancy, but i hope to start contributing more :)

sorry for the crappy cell pic

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gilmour

Reaction score
First post here ( with photo )
Shoes are New
I have new socks on order these are the only ones I have at present the rest are still coming.

Dose the color combo work or is the sock/shoe to busy

My Items are not as flash as what I have seen here but this what I have

Shoe Loake
Sock Pantherala
Pants Rodd& Gunn

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Olukai
Au natural
Rock and republic
Santa Cruz beach boardwalk

Argh!!!! NO! Please bring your G&G/EG Etc beauty back...and this is "Rock Your Socks", not "Rock Your Toenails"!
cloud.gif

[/SPOILER]
Looking good!
Love the shells.
Good news, G.
nod[1].gif

Damn that is a truly beautiful shoe.

Socks: Dapper Classics OTC
Shoes: Testoni
Pants: BB

Bold; like.

They look like my C&J "Grasmere", but mine fit quite generously over the instep. Nice combo, but what's going on with the shoe fit?

I have bought my socks at SOCKALIA - http://www.sockalia.be. I am very satisfied with the quality and after sales services.
You can find the brands : Bresciani, Gallo, Doré Doré - Made in Italy quality.
And on top of it: Prices are VAT excluded for non european customers.

What I couldn't find at sockalia.be are any over the calf socks made from 100% natural fibres. I hate nylon socks. I saw they have some nice black silk dress socks for a very reasonable price on offer though. For anyone else who likes OTC socks and insists on 100% cotton or wool, try:

blacksocks.com for high quality fil d'Ecosse cotton, in a limited colour selection (black, grey, raspberry - the latter colour will be replaced with something else soon). They are the cheapest, but ironically, the best quality, that I've tried. They NEVER fall down! Order at least three and they work out about $12 each!

meschausettesrouges.com for a wide range of colours in fil d'Ecosse by Mazarin, much lighter weight than those above and very comfortable. Also some nice 100% merino ones available in black, red and purple from Gammarelli. Very luxurious feel, and not expensive. About $20.

brescianisocks.com sell various brands including Bresciani (it's not Bresciani's site, but belongs to "CustomShirt1.com"). It's the Bresciani socks there that come in 100% cotton in some interesting patterns, including argyll, stripes etc. Most are about $35.

first time post in this thread... nothing too fancy, but i hope to start contributing more
smile.gif

sorry for the crappy cell pic

Did you borrow those shoes?! They look so long!

Love the socks. Not a fan of bridle loafers, and those are so round, and with that huge welt look most odd....where on earth did they come from?!

I wore these shoes 3 times this week!
eek.gif

I wouldn't blame you for wearing them to bed, they're great.

Italigente
Ralph Lauren
Incotex
Nice casual look.

Jeans are the devil's work. But nice combo.

Back to the hospital waiting game.
For those of you who have been following my better half's health challenges, I'm happy to report that the 'big' surgery is complete and all indications are quite positive.
inlove.gif

Shoes - Carmina
Socks - Pantherella
Jeans - ??

Great shoes, loving the green thing from you and JHC. Sorry to hear about Mrs G; hope all goes well.

Shoes are New
I have new socks on order these are the only ones I have at present the rest are still coming.

Shoe Loake
Sock Pantherala
Pants Rodd& Gunn

Nice socks. Not seen those shoes before, what's the model called? I have a couple of pairs of Loake shoes that I've had for 10-15 years and still wear; don't be put off!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same here! deets on shoes? i liek.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Can't remember if I posted these before but anyways, Racing Green G&G Westburys with burgundy Bleuforet socks and navy chinos (darker IRL)

A hat-trick of green awesomeness in one weekend! All on completely different shoes by different makers. Something is going on, and I like it.

gooter

Reaction score
Shoes are New

Shoe Loake
Sock Pantherala
Pants Rodd& Gunn
I really like these shoes!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shoes are New

Shoe Loake
Sock Pantherala
Pants  Rodd& Gunn

quite nice, welcome.

Gilmour

Reaction score

These are Loake Oban

By the way I am only up to page 270 something in this thread and there are some stunning shoes/socks/pants combo`s, but it has been the Shoes & some of the Boots that have blown me away ( awesome ) will I satisfied with my Loake`s now
puzzled.gif

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
These are Loake Oban

will I be satisfied with my Loake`s now
puzzled.gif

Have only seen the black ones of those before - these are nice.

The thing is (and I'm in the same boat here really), not everyone has a collection of Gaziano and Girling, Edward Green or John Lobb, or other made to order lovelies. For a start, they're expensive, and even if you have the dough, many people also have other issues like mortgages, wives (ex-wives!), children etc., that can interfere with shoe-buying.

Getting a Northampton-made, goodyear-welted proper shoe that doesn't look cheap, for under $200, is a good thing. The taste doesn't always get better with the budget. Of course, being interested in these things we tend to look higher and higher, but I think there are a lot of very good shoes around that don't cost the earth, and look great. These are a prime example.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads