• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Isn't ANYBODY at the office today?
Shoes - C&J
Socks - teh panthers
Trou - Plantains de Republican :embar:

nephew,
i like your full strap

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm stuck at the office as well, G.
Meermins that arrived day before yesterday. Getting their initial wearing today.
Marcoliani OTC
Brooks Brothers trousers

i like your medallion cap toe and enjoy wearing in good health

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shoes - C&J
Socks - teh panthers
Trou - Plantains de Republican :embar:

i am :(

the mertons are looking great!

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes - C&J
Socks - teh panthers
Trou - Plantains de Republican
shog[1].gif

Which C&J are those, Merton? A very nice color on them. Not hot in those socks
biggrin.gif
?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which C&J are those, Merton? A very nice color on them. Not hot in those socks :D

Yeah, they are Mertons (see stitches' post above).

And yup, they look nice!

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm stuck at the office as well, G.
Meermins that arrived day before yesterday. Getting their initial wearing today.
Marcoliani OTC
Brooks Brothers trousers

Glad to hear I'm not alone. My office is about 1/2 empty today.

I'll be interested in hearing how those Meermins do.

nephew,
i like your full strap

Thank you uncle. Shall we have a contest to name the fly? I'll vote for Mortimer.

Which C&J are those, Merton? A very nice color on them. Not hot in those socks :D

Mertons, color is Beechnut. Not hot in the socks - they do look a bit full for summer, don't they? They are all cotton, and we're having a cold spell anyway - temperature should only reach 99 today! :D

Yeah, they are Mertons (see stitches' post above).
And yup, they look nice!

Thank you. This fit follows a basic rule: Brown shoes and vibrant blue socks = win!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yo G, your new avatar makes me laugh, and scares the hell out of me, all at the same time. :D

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yo G, your new avatar makes me laugh, and scares the hell out of me, all at the same time. :D

Perfetto! Pretty much like how I affect people in real life!

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you uncle. Shall we have a contest to name the fly? I'll vote for Mortimer.

nephew,
we shall work on it!

Dewi

Reaction score

Glad to hear I'm not alone. My office is about 1/2 empty today.
I'll be interested in hearing how those Meermins do.

Definitely not alone. My office has about the same attendance rate today. Mid-week holidays throw everything off, me thinks.

So far, so good. This is the first time I've worn socks in months, and the Atlanta heat is killing me. But the Meermins, they are comfy. My feet will let me know this evening and tomorrow if they agree with this assessment.

The fly looks more like a Seth, to me.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely not alone. My office has about the same attendance rate today. Mid-week holidays throw everything off, me thinks.
So far, so good. This is the first time I've worn socks in months, and the Atlanta heat is killing me. But the Meermins, they are comfy. My feet will let me know this evening and tomorrow if they agree with this assessment.
The fly looks more like a Seth, to me.

I don't understand very well the summer clothing except for the weekends or places that you have to be outside a lot like NY etc., do you guys in Atlanta walk to your offices?, I live in florida and is really hot, but I dress at home in A/C, drive my car to work in A/C, park in the garage and take the elevator to my office all day in A/C, everywhere you go here (offices, supermarket, movies, bars, restaurants etc etc) is freezing cold. I even have to take with me a jacket or something to the movies in the middle of the summer. Right now at the office I wish I had a jacket. Honest curiosity, not trying to be an ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads