• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ccabf7a7.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
3EFUo.jpg

One thing I was thinking about recently is that based on this thread and other images on this BBS, almost no one is wearing simple ribbed socks in various colors.

This is strange to me, as I find them to be the sexiest solution, far less creepy than solid-weave socks and not so frou-frou as "fun" stuff. These are my go-to sock time and again... too soporific for most users?

NOBD, those are nice -- it almost looks as though there is a minute horizontal weave.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, softy. I like simple ribbed socks myself. You're right about the horizontal weave"”here's two more in different colours (on the left and the right):

a5K2X.jpg

Falke.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, softy. I like simple ribbed socks myself. You're right about the horizontal weave"”here's two more in different colours (on the left and the right):

Falke.

Hmm, I like the ones you were wearing best. I'm a Marcoliani man myself. Details on make and where they might be had? I wouldn't mind some one-off sox.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Hmm, I like the ones you were wearing best. I'm a Marcoliani man myself. Details on make and where they might be had? I wouldn't mind some one-off sox.

They look better when worn. Here's the 'silvery' version:

Zjcvn.jpg

And I just found out they (in my case, the local sock store) still sell them today.
Perhaps you can find them online via the info on the tag:

d0KEC.jpg

PBRIo.jpg

FYI: They're not OTC, BTW, but they are conservative business dress, or rather FEBL, according to the label... IYKWIM. -NOBD
smile.gif

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-TTO

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look better when worn. Here's the 'silvery' version:

Zjcvn.jpg

And I just found out they (in my case, the local sock store) still sell them today.
Perhaps you can find them online via the info on the tag:

FYI: They're not OTC, BTW, but they are conservative business dress, or rather FEBL, according to the label... IYKWIM. -NOBD
smile.gif

Those look pretty nice, actually. But I cringed when I read the last part
frown.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look pretty nice, actually. But I cringed when I read the last part
frown.gif

I imagined that information might be important... You can pull them high enough, though, so you won't have to show any leg skin, or hair...

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagined that information might be important... You can pull them high enough, though, so you won't have to show any leg skin, or hair...
For me, the logic of OTC is not just to hide my wolf-fur legs -- it's the feeling of snug safety and socks not snaking down my leg. I like to feel snug and well-armored. It's the same reason I wear a corset.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, the logic of OTC is not just to hide my wolf-fur legs -- it's the feeling of snug safety and socks not snaking down my leg. I like to feel snug and well-armored. It's the same reason I wear a corset.

And a helmet?

I understand, but I like them for summer (and my OTC's tend to stick to some of my trousers...).

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a helmet?

I understand, but I like them for summer (and my OTC's tend to stick to some of my trousers...).

Helmet, shoulderpads, etc.
Mine stick too, but it's just the cost of doing business.
ffffuuuu.gif

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBNYandsocks.jpg

My first submission on this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads