• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this. i always wear galoshes in the rain. keeps ma shoos in tact and i get to avoid spending a day in beaters.
general, these shoes are something else. love em.

nephew,
thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LOVE these shoes.

Today in NY...
d0f3cdff.jpg

:lol:[/quote]

nephew,
looking very good

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't post very often but I know everyone wants to see some DC Lewis in action so here you go:
IMAG0235.jpg

Grey flannel MTM Hickey Freeman suit
Navy Porters by DC Lewis
Purple socks by Happy Feet
I should state I'm wearing a purple shirt and tie so that's why the purple socks.
Enjoy!

Why I am glad I ordered a pair of these from Dave Lewis...I want to be distinctive....LOL:happy::nodding:

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think grey trou look pretty good with slightly lighter socks. Since it was pouring out this morning when I left I wore this combo that I have never been thrilled with. These socks seem too light for any of my shades of grey. Of course paired with my other pair of $800 beaters.

2a9123df.jpg

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super Casual Friday - I didn't even shave.
Sunny and Bright - a little warmer - going to stomp around the neighborhood a bit at lunch and blow off some steam.

Shoes - Alden - Horween Shell
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Banana Republic

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think grey trou look pretty good with slightly lighter socks. Since it was pouring out this morning when I left I wore this combo that I have never been thrilled with. These socks seem too light for any of my shades of grey. Of course paired with my other pair of $800 beaters.

You are right - the socks are too light for the trousers - I have some light gray trousers that they would work perfectly with! :hide:

Rock on with your beaters. Not so many guys run around in $800 beaters. Although I can think of no better use for an expensive pair of shoes that are 'past their prime'.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND ME YOUR USED SOCKS DUDE!

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You are right - the socks are too light for the trousers - I have some light gray trousers that they would work perfectly with! :hide:
Rock on with your beaters. Not so many guys run around in $800 beaters. Although I can think of no better use for an expensive pair of shoes that are 'past their prime'.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND ME YOUR USED SOCKS DUDE!

If you want them, they are yours! In all seriousness.

As for the $800 beaters, they are probably over 6 years old now, first pair of good shoes and have just fallen out of favor and seen a couple of resoles. This way they still get some use.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Super Casual Friday - I didn't even shave.
Sunny and Bright - a little warmer - going to stomp around the neighborhood a bit at lunch and blow off some steam.
Shoes - Alden - Horween Shell
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Banana Republic

nephew,
good looking whiskey

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rms7j4.jpg

#8 wt
argyles otc

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2a9123df.jpg

And PB - it seems to me that you're living in the glass house when objecting to too much contrast sock-wise, eh?

Last edited:

tshaw

Reaction score
Spoo - Happy New Year! Love the socks, Spoo - Whose? Material? :)

404c39ce.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo - Happy New Year! Love the socks, Spoo - Whose? Material? :)

Thanks buddy, you too! These are a merino wool Pantherella.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics