• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shrink1061

Reaction score
Ah... :( hehehe. I remember you didn't know if you were going to keep these, I was going to say I buy them! :D

A tad small for you :) its annoying as they fit me generally very well, the width is good and across the vamp etc they are comfortable. But the toe box is completely utterly unyielding, and it comes into a point rather quickly, so it pushes on my big toe when the shoe flexes (or doesn't for that matter).

I suspect I'll keep them until I buy a pair of AS moore in cherry. Then i'll let them find a new home.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A tad small for you :) its annoying as they fit me generally very well, the width is good and across the vamp etc they are comfortable. But the toe box is completely utterly unyielding, and it comes into a point rather quickly, so it pushes on my big toe when the shoe flexes (or doesn't for that matter).

I suspect I'll keep them until I buy a pair of AS moore in cherry. Then i'll let them find a new home.

Oh, the AS Moore are something else! I really like those shoes.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep, its a bit of a leap of faith as I've never tried the 724 last before, whereas the C&J Westbourne on 348 I know would fit, but is a less graceful looking shoe. Descisions huh!

Check Sizeadvisors.com I used it and has helped me a lot with sizing decisions, especially since we don't have all shoes available here. I just bought some Meermin boots with their recommendation and they fit great.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Summer loafers

tumblr_orlibuOlHO1spqdezo2_500.jpg

muddy250

Reaction score
Yep, its a bit of a leap of faith as I've never tried the 724 last before, whereas the C&J Westbourne on 348 I know would fit, but is a less graceful looking shoe. Descisions huh!
#

If you take some measurements off the meermins I'll compare to the moores I have in size 7 for you. If you go for Westbourne you'll be thinking of Moore .... :rolleyes:

shrink1061

Reaction score
Perhaps more appropriate to compare the moores to a shoe that fits me well :)

A size 7 348 does actually fit me very nicely but is a tiny bit too "pointy". I think the 724 could be a good compromise.

muddy250

Reaction score
Perhaps more appropriate to compare the moores to a shoe that fits me well :)

A size 7 348 does actually fit me very nicely but is a tiny bit too "pointy". I think the 724 could be a good compromise.
I was just thinking you could see how it compares and where it might be roomier or not. 724 is quite wide for a normal foot.

shrink1061

Reaction score
I was just thinking you could see how it compares and where it might be roomier or not. 724 is quite wide for a normal foot.

I find measuring shoes to be quite a hard exercise. People often measure sole widths, but that isn't a particularly accurate measure, as some soles overlap the shoe by a huge margin, and some are cut very close indeed, so they're not a reflection of the shoe width itself.

getting an accurate reading of the shoe seems complex!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads