• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock hard leather inner and outer soles can beat your poor feet to a pulp. Here's what I do....

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the problem?

Shoes aren't any good if they don't inflict pain!

Isn't it a fetish thing? The 'stricter' the shoe the harder it gets you?

For God's sake man......quit complaining and get your 'kink' on!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reev, I haven't read thru this thread but the answer is that you're a tenderfoot. Keep wearing the leather soled shoes and allow your feet to grow used to them/toughen up. And throw away your ped-egg. You need that tough callous pad when wearing hard bottoms.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reev, you should put together a collaboration line: Crockett & Jones + New Balance

bullswin

Reaction score
This ranks among my favorite threads. Equal parts craziness + funny sarcasm + insightful information.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
I particularly enjoyed the repeated links to shoes you own, then repeated mention of the price. I was incredulous, but then when I realised what a baller you obviously are, I decided you are right: Leather is diamond hard, and unyielding as a scorned jewish grandmother.

5 star threak.

wetnose

Reaction score
I suggest you look around for poron insoles - these are the same insoles that RM Williams and Ugg Boots use, and both brands are renowned for their comfort.

Poindexter

Reaction score

I particularly enjoyed the repeated links to shoes you own, then repeated mention of the price. I was incredulous, but then when I realised what a baller you obviously are, I decided you are right: Leather is diamond hard, and unyielding as a scorned jewish grandmother.
5 star threak.

You, sir, are a philosopher. I piss on your enemies' graves.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

5 star threak.

The oracle says black shoes costing more than $500 are a waste of money. Please change your user name to "BlackShoes Less Than $500".

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The oracle says black shoes costing more than $500 are a waste of money. Please change your user name to "BlackShoes Less Than $500".

Actually, I wouldn't even pay $200 for plain black shoes.
Pair of J&M's would be just fine.
My bias also stems from the fact that I don't wear black shoes for style points (funeral, etc)
So, when it's reduced to a "uniform", there's no need to spend much, as they all look the same.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually, I wouldn't even pay $200 for plain black shoes.
Pair of J&M's would be just fine.
My bias also stems from the fact that I don't wear black shoes for style points (funeral, etc)
So, when it's reduced to a "uniform", there's no need to spend much, as they all look the same.

$200???? Pfftt, I wouldn't pay more than $175! :nodding:

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just paint my foot black if I find need of black shoes. 99% of the people in the world are not smart enough to tell the difference.

My friend actually gets compliments on this a lot. I think I'm going to begin discarding all my black shoes on this advice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads