• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock hard leather inner and outer soles can beat your poor feet to a pulp. Here's what I do....

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you learned to read, you'd notice I specifically said BLACK shoes aren't worth spending big bucks on.
How would a guy say shoes aren't worth it, and then talk about his Vass, AE, and C&J's?
You really must be one of the dumber posters on SF. Must be tough being you.

You disparage the intelligence of those around you just a little too often considering you're the village idiot. And make no mistake, everybody knows it.

Thank you very much for telling me that I can put insoles into my shoes if they aren't comfortable. In other new, I heard you can drink water when you're thirsty.

:laugh:

Nope. He's Reetarded.

:nodding:

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not that I'm a cheap ****, it's just that I'm not a dumb ****.
A cheap **** doesn't wear $800 English shoes.

And a stupid **** continues to name drop and mention the price of your items.

Normal thread:
My leather soled dress shoes hurt my feet so I put insoles in them.

Your thread:
My leather soled $800 English Darlton shoes that cost $800 hurt my feet ... lines of bullshit ... super!

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One further comment...I really do sympathize with you...your whole attitude comes across as someone who has had aching feet all day long...for weeks and weeks. It would seem to me that the obvious answer is to wear running shoes, if you can't handle leather shoes.

Mr Frommer bringing the wit!

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another vote for double soled shoes being the culprit.

You said all your leather soled shoes, including your AEs are hard as a rock uncomfortable. They don't have double soles. Whats the "culprit" now, jackass.

You may want to look into bespoke shoes. You can buy good bespoke shoes for as little as $400.

Um, where?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reevolving does seem to manage to make a simple topic into a ridiculous wind-up fest. Maybe that was always his intention - I don't know, I haven't been here long enough to observe a consistent method on his (or most other people's) part. But I can't say that most of the rest of you are doing much to raise the tone. You seem to be merely contributing to the back and forward abuse. Can I suggest that, if someone posts a topic that contains within it something worth discussion or information, even though they may behave like an enormous cock, that we try to deal with the part that has some merit and ignore the stupidity. Otherwise, trolling threads just end up being trollish.

Last edited:

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mr Frommer bringing the wit!

Heh...not really, not yet--that was a sincere attempt to address his issues, as well as his attitude. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...at least initially.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reevolving does seem to manage to make a simple topic into a ridiculous wind-up fest. Maybe that was always his intention - I don't know, I haven't been here long enough to observe a consistent method on his (or most other people's) part. But I can't say that most of the rest of you are doing much to raise the tone. You seem to be merely contributing to the back and forward abuse. Can I suggest that, if someone posts a topic that contains within it something worth discussion or information, even though they may behave like an enormous cock, that we try to deal with the part that has some merit and ignore the stupidity. Otherwise, trolling threads just end up being trollish.
The point is that this thread has no merit. He finds his shoes uncomfortable, so he adds a cushioned insole. This is not exactly the reinvention of the wheel here. Behaving like an enormous cock is probably the one thing Reevolving is good at. He claims that his leather insoles are "rock hard", which they aren't. He also claims that every leather soled pair of shoes he owns is uncomfortable, which does not jive with the majority of people on this site wearing correctly fitting dress shoes. I think sneakers are more comfortable as well, but that doesn't mean my dress shoes are uncomfortable. In fact, I often choose them for longer walking events. Point being, the solution offered by the OP is dead nuts obvious, and his views tend to be purposely contrarian just for trolling purposes.

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look for his "tit pic". It will explain all.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Point being, the solution offered by the OP is dead nuts obvious, and his views tend to be purposely contrarian just for trolling purposes.

All of his threads (and posts in general) seem to be either deliberately contrarian, or surveying the forum for GroupThink he can agree with to assemble a wardrobe by committee. Then proceed mock "SF approved" things he hasn't come around on yet.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, okay, I appreciate that he's a provocateur, but I try to see the positive in most things and at least give threads a chance, if I can. So I think that if this thread had evolved into a sensible discussion of issues around footcare, it might actually have been helpful regardless of the intent and character of the person starting it.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, okay, I appreciate that he's a provocateur, but I try to see the positive in most things and at least give threads a chance, if I can. So I think that if this thread had evolved into a sensible discussion of issues around footcare, it might actually have been helpful regardless of the intent and character of the person starting it.
If you want to participate in a reasonable conversation about anything, this isn't the place. Start a new thread: Foot Health - How not to ruin your feet like REevoler

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides gels, how do you handle this?

Learn to read, Quad.
I was not here doling out advice.
I was seeking it, idiot.

You disparage the intelligence of those around you just a little too often considering you're the village idiot. And make no mistake, everybody knows it.

Yes, but consider the village, idiot.
Many posters here are piss broke, and do not possess an whit of critical thinking ability.
Now, consider their reaction to someone who is the opposite of both.
It's like Einstien going to a NASCAR event and being told he's a jackass.

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Yes, because Einstein would go to a Nascar event to ask how to tie his shoes. Good to see you also have a mastery of analogies.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's like Einstien going to a NASCAR event and being told he's a jackass.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comparing himself to a genius whose name he can't spell -- and it's not even Machiavelli, Nietzsche, etc.

Many posters here are piss broke, and do not possess an whit of critical thinking ability.
Now, consider their reaction to someone who is the opposite of both.

If you were the "opposite" of piss poor, you wouldn't start threads whining about how you can't afford nice black shoes.

You don't talk to other people except over the internet, do you .....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads