• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock Climbing

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other climbers out there?

I've been at it off and on for 24+ years. These days, I hit the gym more often, but the other day, I did boulder at the most sandbagged place I've been to (Flagstaff Mountain in Boulder, CO).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me.

In the gym a couple of times per week. Try to get outside when I can. Mostly to the Red River Gorge or Devil's Lake.

Hope I can get in 2 weekend trips this fall.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I’ve always wanted to check out the Red, but haven’t made it out there.

For now, I’m happy to be getting back to where I was at age 25. I’m starting to work back into V6s and leading 5.11c in the gym. I’ve got a few projects in mind outside for when the whether is right. It’s snowing now, so I’m in the gym.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well...Red season is just starting :)

Kinda hard to get to though if you're outside driving distance. It is like 6.5 hours in a car for me or so, but beyond that...what...fly to louisville or cincy and drive 2 hours? I guess you could fly into lexington and shave off an hour.

I guess that's not really so bad if you think about it. Certainly better than trying to get to some place like Ten Sleep.

But nothing compared to Red Rocks (or Boulder, or SLC). Book a cheap flight to Vegas, get a nice and cheap AirBNB on the west side of town. Climb all day and go see a Vegas show at night.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s always fun to tick problems near your limits. This was my first outdoor V5 in at least ten years.

F3009916-5FF1-4FEC-A7D2-68C07C5655FB.jpeg

Reactions: otc

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent a few hours cragging with a friend up in Boulder Canyon. I led 5.8, 5.9, 5.10d, 5.10a, 5.9 and 5.6 routes, all on sight. I also attempted a .12a on top rope.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motivating my son to learn how to walk with the Eldo climbing guidebook. Actually quote from me, “Hey bud, if you can start walking, we can climb Bastille Crack when you’re a bit older!”

walkingToEldoBook.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I climbed most of the Direct Route on the First Flatiron today with a friend. We skipped the last pitch because it was massively windy up there and kind of cold. I took this picture just before rappelling off to the west. The dude in the background just happen to pop up over the high point behind he. He was basically running, free solo, in his approach shoes.

Selfie-Top6th-IMG_0026-1.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bouldered for a couple of hours up on Flagstaff Mountain yesterday. I mostly did easy problems. My best send was the highball V1 to the right of the tree in this picture of my friend Kevin on the Tree Slab Traverse (V1).

7087BEFA-B155-49F9-B84A-21123C5A89B7.jpeg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That looks like just enough pads that I might actually be comfortable with outdoor bouldering.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like just enough pads that I might actually be comfortable with outdoor bouldering.

LOL. I think there were six. I have the 5” mondo size pad by Organic. It does make bouldering more plush.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads