• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robson's Beeswax Polish?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but it looks like it has good ingredients. I highly doubt it's twice as good as Kiwi based on the fact it's twice the price, but I think it's worth trying and reporting to us
smile.gif
. It definitely wouldn't harm your shoes.

I would happily try this brand, but I ended up buying Lincoln and Angelus wax polishes. I think they work great.

DGiles

Reaction score
I use Robson's a lot. I'll admit it, my OCD does lead me to polish every pair of shoes in our house from time to time, and I have tried a bunch of different stuff. I like the W.S. Robson's Beeswax polish because it gives the greatest shine of anything I've tried, and I have gone through tubs of shoe polish, you name it, I've probably used it - remember OCD.

Robson's has a more buttery consistency and is easier to apply to shoes than other wax based polishes. I find this helps one apply the proper amount of polish more easily, helping to avoid waste. The wax is also a pretty intense armor for your shoes, so so when you get stuck in a downpour wearing $400 To Boot New York's you know your shoes won't discolor or be damaged. Water just beads up on the polish. Lastly, the polish does not stain or discolor threading and is easy to remove from decorative patterns in the leather so shoes tend to look newer longer.

The only downside is the wax can make your shoes squeak when you rub your feet together. I've noticed it more with softer leathers. I am always a little afraid someone will think I am wearing rubber shoes because the sound mimics rubber perfectly.

But I have had an enormous number of compliments on both expensive and cheap shoes after polishing them with Robson's. The beeswax shine gets noticed and complimented frequently. I actually had a retired marine colonel stop me at a gala last week and tell me he is glad some military personnel continue to live by the spit shine after leaving the service. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was never in the military, my wife is the former marine - I'm a pacifist.

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
I would also highly recommend Robson's. I have been using it for years. It has a high colour content so restores as well as producing a good shine.

I buy it online from the farm: http://www.chainbridgehoney.co.uk/Beeswax-Polish__c-p-0-0-29.aspx

They only list two colours so they are not going to put Saphir out of business.

They used to do blue as well and they have supplied this on request (at no extra cost) , but I don't know if this was old stock or whether they could do other colours as well.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robson's are good but very high wax content compare to Saphire or Kiwi IMO. So polished shoes do feel sticky at times. Lack of color is definitely a minus.

havingaraveup

Reaction score
I think the point is it is produced as a by product by a honey farm.
Right but that doesn't mean its great, or that somehow its method of production is an excuse for its side effects. I'd be interested to try it as well, however.

traverscao

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased two tins of Robson's polish. To be honest this thing doesn't look or feel like paste wax at all. It doesn't hold a mirror, for sure, based on the consistency. It feels a lot more like something I would use after Réno and Pommadièr in terms of a sealing wax. It sure will preserve the leather, and it is great for leather sole (in neutral, you don't want black stains on carpet).

Black wax is more like a cream in consistence. It looks heavy in Blue shade, as if those guys mixed blue with something else to create black. For all I know, this polish is definitely a treat for expensive shoes.

In comparison to Kiwi, this polish rocks. In compare to MDO wax, I think it serves a far different function and the two are incomparable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics