1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RoboCop (Movie Thread) Aug 9, 2013

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 15, 2012.

1. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Peter Weller, you can see him on history channel doing documentaries on ancient history.

2. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

3. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

He was good in it too.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Really need to edit the title, movie release is Feb 7 2014.

[​IMG]

5. gort

gort Senior member

Was also on 24 and is on the current season of sons of anarchy. It was funny, when I was on vacation in greece, while we were in athens the first night we were there looking up info on the acropolis and found a video on youtube and he was the host. Murphy FTW. :slayer:

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]​

1 person likes this.
  8. dianjinluntan

dianjinluntan New Member

okay, i just do it,A good cast w/ a bad script is still better than a bad cast with a bad script.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

10. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Anyone see this? Debating whether or not to go tonight.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Been hearing decent to good things about it. Mainly do not expect it to live up to original because it can't being PG13 and all but it pays it's homage and tries it's hardest to be entertaining. I've heard it's enjoyable and feels like a summer blockbuster action flick in February.

12. gort

gort Senior member

PG13 is a shame. The original was so graphic. Also how can they preserve his face if he was blown up?

13. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

I saw it today. I would've enjoyed it more if I had not seen or heard of the previous version. Paul Verhoeven's version stands on its own with a level of cynical satire that I guess folks don't buy into today.

This one is just much moreā€¦ literal. It introduces many more themes which would not be out of place in the original. And it is enjoyable to watch on its own.

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it compared to other remakes of late.

Really glad they kept the iconic music, the sounds Robocop makes when he's walking/running, and loved how they upgraded his helmet from something he had to put on/remove manually to automatic when in danger/self defense.