• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robinson's Shoes: Dispute and subsequent resolution.

Robin Stewart

Reaction score
Gentlemen,I fear that this whole thing has been blown out of all proportion.Neither party was totally right or indeed totally wrong,but the whole incident was resolved within a day of me hearing about it for the first time(when I read about it on here!). Both parties are comfortable working with each other.....and have been for a long time now....so I think it best that we all move on.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,I fear that this whole thing has been blown out of all proportion.Neither party was totally right or indeed totally wrong,but the whole incident was resolved within a day of me hearing about it for the first time(when I read about it on here!). Both parties are comfortable working with each other.....and have been for a long time now....so I think it best that we all move on.
Thanks Robin. I agree. I think that what we had here is a pretty common occurence in retail, which is that really terrific shops with dedicated proprietors suffer because of the actions of a single employee. From what I've read of this thread, your dedication to your customers is exemplary. I think that your posts on this thread show this, and I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Fok - managing owner of Styleforum.net.

Oldguy

Reaction score
One of the benefits of the internet, imo, is that it makes retailers and vendors accountable to their customers. It gives some degree of power to the powerless. If we have a reasonable suspicion that a negative review is being written by a competitor, or otherwise falls under the definition of libel, we delete those reviews. However, I do not find at all compelling the argument that a negative review can damage a business, and therefore a poster of such a review should be held responsible for any financial losses by that company, if that review was written in good faith and honestly. My message to businesses: treat every customer, in every instance, as though they were their most favored customer.

We only delete those posts that allege actual criminal misconduct that has not been proven in a court of law. Bad customer service is not, AFAIK, criminal.
Thank you for taking the time to clarify.

Annadale

Reaction score
Are Robinson's affiliate vendors? Can I buy a vintage thirst from them?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

poppycock1

Reaction score
Dear Kenneth,
Thanks for your contact.

Last edited:

Oldguy

Reaction score
Customer Service complaint must have been rectified...post is gone.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

For the ones interested in Robinson's I have started a new thread named : ROBINSON'S SHOES EXPERIENCE

Cheers

carrock

Reaction score
I can vouch that Robin Stewart ( MD Robinsons ) clearly seems to care about customer service. I had a refund issue that I needed resolved quickly with them, and saw his email address on here.

I copied him in on the mail I was seeking a response to , and he has intervened promptly, so fair play to him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads