1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Robert wayne shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spinlps, Feb 9, 2004.

1. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

Looks like someone got a cleaver and chopped the toes off.

Pair them with an Affliction T-Shirt and 7 jeans to get the perfect douchebag uniform.

For some reason very popular among persian guys in west L.A.

2. celery

celery Senior member

Most guys will wear whatever is currently helping them get with the most girls (the easy, skanky, club going variety usually, but that's another issue).

If wearing a red clown nose helped guys (those known as douchebags usually), you can bet your left nut that they would be wearing a Gucci red clown nose in a heartbeat.

The difference between most douchbags and some people on this forum, is that people on this forum genuinely like clothes.

3. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If I were a cow, I'd be pretty pissed off that I had to die to become these shoes. Then again, maybe it isn't real leather.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

If I were a cow, I'd be pretty pissed off that I had to die to become these shoes. Then again, maybe it isn't real leather.

[​IMG]

5. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

So your statement of working in the music industry (and live in WI), you might perhaps spend some time in a place where there is a music industry. This is Uber Douche material.
    I assure you will not see anyone in the music industry (any one that is respected) wear a pair of these shoes. Perhaps think about the image you are projecting.
    DOUCHE.

BTW, I just got back earlier in the week from playing SXSW, and the only time I saw shoes like this were the douche bag guidoesque guys chasing the starfucker chicks around. The starfucker chicks payed no mind to the douchebags.
    SO....I can say with my own personal eyes, that no record executive, label rep, producer (they are prone to douche), or musician wore any piece of tasteless ugly like this.
    Robert Wayne is one of my favorite shoe lines. They have a vast array of styles, most of the 'dress boot' or 'boot shoe' variety, and IMO are good quality for the style/price range.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

So your statement of working in the music industry (and live in WI), you might perhaps spend some time in a place where there is a music industry.

Actually, where I live in WI is pretty much a barren wasteland for anything industry related. I do most of my industry work in DC and LA. I also travel to Minneapolis and Chicago frequently as they are close by. At home, I'm solely involved with my church.

It was a group I play for out of Minneapolis that first turned me on to this style of shoes. A close contact in LA cosigned it.

7. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Well,
    I would suggest you take a gander around here, and learn for a while on what a refined style is, what quality is, and how to apply it in your style.
    What musical genre wears shoes like these? I have high level exposure to most musical styles and have never seen these style of shoes worn.

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

[​IMG]
    Holy crap, those are the squarest toes I've ever seen. If you kicked someone in the face, you could poke an eye out! They would look superfly with this suit, though http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STEVE-HARVEY...QQcmdZViewItem

9. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

Not sure how I feel about the suit, but I really love the tie pictured with it.

And, to the above poster, I primarily work in gospel music, although I do R&B and hip hop as well.

10. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I could see some guys I know in indie rock bands wearing those shoes.

11. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

haha

I am guilty of having a couple of pairs of more toned down robert waynes (I have a couple of their boots and a couple ok loafers) - but those are more for the clubbing days. They are obviously not the high quality dress shoes, but they do serve somewhat of a purpose.

And yeah, My Mark Nasons are obviously a 100x better.

12. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

Some of the Mark Nasons are definitely my style, but they're more than I'd care to spend.