Robert wayne shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spinlps, Feb 9, 2004.

1. spinlps

spinlps Well-Known Member

Ok... so no luck with Harry's London here in the Midwest, but I saw a line of shoes I haven't seen before. Anyone familiar with Robert Wayne shoes? They seem to be an alternative to Kenneth Cole / Reaction line of urban casual shoes I've been looking for. Didn't find much on the web... anyone have any experiences with them?

2. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

Robert Wayne is one of my favorite shoe lines. They have a vast array of styles, most of the 'dress boot' or 'boot shoe' variety, and IMO are good quality for the style/price range.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

One word: UGLY. Tacky, dreadful, waste of $....also come to mind. They scream douchbag. I see them all the time at Len Druskin. I snicker every time I walk by and see some guy so excited to be trying them on. Ugh.....

4. The Swede

The Swede Senior member

I think I just sustained permanent eye damage..

5. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

One word: UGLY. Tacky, dreadful, waste of $....also come to mind. They scream douchbag. I see them all the time at Len Druskin. I snicker every time I walk by and see some guy so excited to be trying them on. Ugh.....
    I think you're being a little harsh here. I'm sure you could take the box they come in, tape the box to the foot, and end up with something not quite as ugly.

6. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

PLEASE STOP?

I beg you....PLEASE!

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Nightmare.

8. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

mt spiffy, I like how you put up pictures of those nightmarish shoes and then place a disclaimer in your signature.

9. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I'm all for funky dress shoes, but these look like rejected Mark Nasons. Terrible.

10. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I used to (and still do)reject something like these shoes just like I reject double rear spoiler on Honda Civic or Dodge Neon or 18" wheels on aforementioned cars or chrome trim on bumpers and fenders.

But then I thought to myself: "If having all things mentioned above makes those guys look like "Kings" in the eyes of young Puerto Rican pussies then they know what they are doing and I should shove my superior aesthetic taste where sun don't shine."

11. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

mt spiffy, I like how you put up pictures of those nightmarish shoes and then place a disclaimer in your signature.

I've been a member of enough web boards to anticipate what I would be getting into. The disclaimer came before I made my first post [​IMG]

I like what I like, and the only thing subject to change that is me seeing something I like more [​IMG]

12. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

I used to (and still do)reject something like these shoes just like I reject double rear spoiler on Honda Civic or Dodge Neon or 18" wheels on aforementioned cars or chrome trim on bumpers and fenders.

But then I thought to myself: "If having all things mentioned above makes those guys look like "Kings" in the eyes of young Puerto Rican pussies then they know what they are doing and I should shove my superior aesthetic taste where sun don't shine."

It's all about the audience, dkzzzzzz. Hey, even AmJacks get to make babies too, however accidental it might be.

13. chas

chas Senior member

I've been a member of enough web boards to anticipate what I would be getting into. The disclaimer came before I made my first post [​IMG]

I like what I like, and the only thing subject to change that is me seeing something I like more [​IMG]

You have a great attitude...[​IMG]

But the shoes are rubbish...[​IMG]

14. haganah

haganah Senior member

Talk to Uncontrol. He's into that stuff.

15. dshin

dshin Senior member

I always see them at DSW. I do agree that they look like Nason rejects. But back in my clubbing says, I probably would have been all about them.