• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Robert wayne shoes

spinlps

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Ok... so no luck with Harry's London here in the Midwest, but I saw a line of shoes I haven't seen before. Anyone familiar with Robert Wayne shoes? They seem to be an alternative to Kenneth Cole / Reaction line of urban casual shoes I've been looking for. Didn't find much on the web... anyone have any experiences with them?
 

mt_spiffy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
866
Reaction score
3
Robert Wayne is one of my favorite shoe lines. They have a vast array of styles, most of the 'dress boot' or 'boot shoe' variety, and IMO are good quality for the style/price range.






 

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2007
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
23
Originally Posted by Nataku
One word: UGLY. Tacky, dreadful, waste of $....also come to mind. They scream douchbag. I see them all the time at Len Druskin. I snicker every time I walk by and see some guy so excited to be trying them on. Ugh.....
I think you're being a little harsh here. I'm sure you could take the box they come in, tape the box to the foot, and end up with something not quite as ugly.
 

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,830
Reaction score
153
PLEASE STOP?


I beg you....PLEASE!
 

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
10,878
Reaction score
60
Nightmare.
 

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
1,503
Reaction score
15
mt spiffy, I like how you put up pictures of those nightmarish shoes and then place a disclaimer in your signature.
 

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
14
I'm all for funky dress shoes, but these look like rejected Mark Nasons. Terrible.
 

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,359
Reaction score
18
I used to (and still do)reject something like these shoes just like I reject double rear spoiler on Honda Civic or Dodge Neon or 18" wheels on aforementioned cars or chrome trim on bumpers and fenders.

But then I thought to myself: "If having all things mentioned above makes those guys look like "Kings" in the eyes of young Puerto Rican pussies then they know what they are doing and I should shove my superior aesthetic taste where sun don't shine."
 

mt_spiffy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
866
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by upnorth
mt spiffy, I like how you put up pictures of those nightmarish shoes and then place a disclaimer in your signature.

I've been a member of enough web boards to anticipate what I would be getting into. The disclaimer came before I made my first post


I like what I like, and the only thing subject to change that is me seeing something I like more
 

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
3,992
Reaction score
16
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I used to (and still do)reject something like these shoes just like I reject double rear spoiler on Honda Civic or Dodge Neon or 18" wheels on aforementioned cars or chrome trim on bumpers and fenders.

But then I thought to myself: "If having all things mentioned above makes those guys look like "Kings" in the eyes of young Puerto Rican pussies then they know what they are doing and I should shove my superior aesthetic taste where sun don't shine."


It's all about the audience, dkzzzzzz. Hey, even AmJacks get to make babies too, however accidental it might be.
 

chas

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
731
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
I've been a member of enough web boards to anticipate what I would be getting into. The disclaimer came before I made my first post


I like what I like, and the only thing subject to change that is me seeing something I like more


You have a great attitude...


But the shoes are rubbish...
 

haganah

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
6,351
Reaction score
30
Talk to Uncontrol. He's into that stuff.
 

dshin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
1
I always see them at DSW. I do agree that they look like Nason rejects. But back in my clubbing says, I probably would have been all about them.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

  • standard 5 — light and dark brown

    Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

    Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

    Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • wide 6 — charcoal and black

    Votes: 3 2.4%
  • wide 7 — dark green and black

    Votes: 29 23.4%
  • wide 8 — malt and dark brown

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • wide 9 — blue-grey and charcoal

    Votes: 35 28.2%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
458,260
Messages
9,940,428
Members
207,121
Latest member
arbilopes
Top