• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robert Talbott socks @Nordstrom's Rack

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Socks selling here and on ebay are $5.97 @ the rack. Many colors in both lengths were available.
Retail had been $32.50. At the Chicago Mich Ave store, you may need to ask for them
confused.gif

Early this week (Wed) that store had tons of RT (Robert Talbott) socks. When I went back on Sat, the socks were gone. The SA had replaced the RT socks with BOSS socks.
frown.gif
I asked her why? She told me "BOSS socks were more popular". I asked if she could bring some RT socks back out on the floor? After I selected a few, she took the others back. They still had alot of RT socks not on the selling floor. Of course, the BOSS socks are pure junk
eh.gif

bstang46

Reaction score
Yeah, I picked up several pairs of them a few weeks ago.

chili

Reaction score
The Rack in Topanga store - woodland hills, CA had what looked like several hundred pairs today.

I bought ten styles (but there were several more).

OTC, wool.

At the same $5.97 per.

satorstyle

Reaction score
The Potomac Mills Nordstrom in VA replenished their stock this week some great colors.

surf animal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chili
The Rack in Topanga store - woodland hills, CA had what looked like several hundred pairs today. I bought ten styles (but there were several more). OTC, wool. At the same $5.97 per.
I was in there yesterday and snagged a few pair. The TJ Maxx on Winnetka/Sherman Way had three sets of Talbott cufflinks, but I snagged those today.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nabbed tons in CA on a business trip. Also, they had loads of the Faconnable cashmere ties, which totally kick ass.
I love the RT Sea Island Cotton OTC socks in bright blue and Red.

chili

Reaction score
Went to the Nordstrom Rack in Glendale today.
Had more Talbott (including some cotton) OTC, and some solid colors.
Bunch of Robert Talbott ties (in box) for $24.95.

Being fairly new to these socks - I'm glad to at least find out where some of those on B&S are getting their stuff (although I think they provide a good service, having local access to two Nordstrom Racks may mean bypassing some of the re-sellers).

mistewacko

Reaction score
Brea, Ca in Orange County and in Chino Hills have the socks still available.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of these socks are in the most ridiculous, 80's color schemes and blocky designs. Leads me to believe they are special purchase. But can't go wrong for the price.

Those Faconnable ties though, they are special purchase, but they are Breur, so they are an excellent buy
smile.gif

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad there aren't any Racks within hundreds of miles of me. I'm happy to get them for $10 apiece from forum members. Nice socks.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
I do have to fold them at the end a bit otherwise they hit my knee. Other than that they're great.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jtoddaz
I do have to fold them at the end a bit otherwise they hit my knee. Other than that they're great.
They are a perfect height for me and fit softly over my hyper developed calves. Anyone who has an issue with over-the-calf socks digging into their legs should check this brand out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads