• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robert Geller SS09 dip dye/gradient jeans sz. 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

keanswon

Reaction score
not sure if I really want to let these go…
material is the thicker and softer fabric used in older Geller jeans, as opposed to the newer, thinner and rougher material.
color goes from muted purple at the top block to taupe at the legs.
features a back buckle.

there is a very tiny smudge (size of 1/4 of a dime, perhaps) on the right back pocket that's barely noticeable because it blends in with the color of the jeans.
professionally hemmed.
apart from that, no tears, etc.

measurements (in inches):

waist (front & back aligned): 15.75
inseam: 28.25
hem: 6.5

asking 165 --> 150 --> 140 --> 130 USD shipped in CONUS
international buyers, please message me regarding shipping

note: eBay member lakeshow007 purchased these from me, and then requested a refund. However, he returned these to me with horrible orange/brown/green stains. Since then, I've had most of the stains removed, but there are still a few tiny spots of orange remaining (please see the last three photos). They're not very noticeable since they're fairly small and almost blend in with the color of the jeans, but I thought I should still point this out.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1.png
    1.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image-3.jpeg
    image-3.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

flyindarkness

Reaction score
Man, that's fucked up. Can't believe some people would return after they damaged the item, I hope you didn't give that guy a full refund. Shady as ****.

keanswon

Reaction score
Man, that's fucked up. Can't believe some people would return after they damaged the item, I hope you didn't give that guy a full refund. Shady as ****.

Yea, he totally fucked me over. I value transparency, so I'm just going to post the whole story publicly:

I sold him 2 pairs of jeans, and he claimed that they were for his son, but that they didn't fit his son. I normally don't take refunds, but he asked for 80% refund to compensate for going through with the hassle. When I got the jeans back, one pair was in the same condition that I had shipped it to him, so I refunded the full 80% for that pair. But this dip-dye pair was stained with some unknown material (see photos), which really pissed me off because I was hoping to just go through with a smooth refund process. So I messaged him asking what's up, and he denied anyone having even touched the jeans, which just doesn't even make sense, considering the fact that the reason he stated for wanting a refund is because the jeans didn't fit his son. Anyway, I told him I'd give him a 30% refund since I didn't know whether the stains would wash out or not. He lost his temper and started accusing me of having fabricated this whole story to cheat him out of his money, and then threatened to contact his credit card company. I told him to go ahead because I was just tired of dealing with this guy, and I have electronic proof of all of our messages and photos. Then he backed down and asked for 60% refund, to which I said I'm gonna stand by 30%. Then he asked for 50%, and I said 40%. Finally, he was like, "Look its Chinese New Year lets meet @ 45% and call it a day." His reasoning obviously has no logical relevance to the issue at hand, but I was tired of the whole ordeal, so I agreed and refunded him 45% of the amount he paid for the dip-dye jeans.

The amusing part is that I guess he's been keeping his eyes on this listing, because as soon as I re-listed them up for sale (after I PAID MONEY to have the stains removed), he contacts me again, and sends me the following threat:

"I see you relisted your grey jeans on styleforum and I don't know if you photo shopped the stains but I don't like your ethics thus I am reporting you to Ebay and also I have resubmitted a claim to my credit card

I am giving you a chance to credit me back the remainder of my money before this becomes a big hassle for you

Btw-I saved your ad with the date posted today so I recommend you do the right logical and ethical thing to refund the rest of my money"

Photoshop? ******* Photoshop??? He thinks I'd go through all this trouble and waste my time to cheat him out of the cost of a pair of jeans? And he wants to preach to me about ethics? After he made me an offer to settle the issue, to which I accepted? Some people just don't understand or value contracts, even if they're the ones that set the terms and agreed to it. I told him to go ahead and do whatever; I'm not about to appease this shady bully, and I have all the records.

Sorry for the rant - I just had to release my frustration at the fact that this guy had the audacity to hit me up again, demanding more money.

tl;dr - DON'T DO BUSINESS with lakeshow007

Last edited:

keanswon

Reaction score
damn, yeah thanks for sharing. Some people are not just dishonest... they feel entitled to their dishonesty and douchyness.

Sure thing, man. And yea, it's really a shame. I never again want to sell to anyone that doesn't appreciate/doesn't know how to appreciate the clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads