• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roadtrip to miami mid august, oil spill

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the beaches will be **** due to bp?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Miami might not be the greatest. The keys i know are in danger and the atlantic coast of florida might get some sludge due to the way the water streams are. The Gulf coast of florida surprisingly normal. found this map but i'd just check some florida news and beach reports http://www.thegovmonitor.com/images/...2_2010_big.jpg

cwespalmore

Reaction score
hell no.. i was just there for a week for fourth of july. beaches were perfect, thousands of people out. i heard nothing about them shutting down the beaches.. even if they did, miami would still be out there lol

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Of course then there's the question of visiting Miami in August, oil or no. Think carefully on that. Lived there for a few years. Don't come here in February either. Here is northern New England.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, August in Miami is brutal. 95 F with 100% humidity.

the beaches are perfect at this time though. there's not a huge concern that i've been hearing from the weather guys, although everyone's worried about the Florida Keys and damage to the coral reefs

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I don't think Miami's beaches themselves are all that great (the women on them though.....
drool.gif
), but they should be fine. GREAT city though.

It's extremely doubtful the oil will reach there, especially by August. If it even got down to Southern Florida, the Keys will likely absorb what's left of it
frown.gif
before it even gets to Miami.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just heard a story on CNN yesterday that pretty much every city on the gulf from Houston to Miami has been hurt because everyone thinks the oil is everywhere.

Basically the guy said all the beaches are picture perfect - for now - and that it shouldnt stop people from visiting... but the fact is tourism (or at least his particular call volume) is down 25%

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads