1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Road Rage Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tck13, Nov 10, 2006.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Hmm... I get road rage when people are driving too slowly, particularly in the passing lane. People tailgating me doesn't bother me at all, but if you're driving too slowly in front of me..... :devil:

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Aside from this, I agree with your entire post and think it would go a long way toward making driving more efficient and safe if people followed your advice, but this statement is pretty ridiculous.

I can't speak for others, but I get upset when I'm tailgated because the person behind me is taking unnecessary risks with my safety. This is particularly true in my Jeep, where I don't have a trunk, bed, etc. between the rear bumper and the cab, leaving me, and more importantly my child when he's with me, extremely close to the idiot behind me. If that idiot is tailgating me two feet from my rear bumper, his hood is about four feet from my kid, and that makes me angry.

As for the "it means you're going slow" comment, are you really saying that people only tailgate slow drivers? I'm far from a slow driver, and I get tailgated frequently.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

If people are in such a hurry, they should plan better and leave earlier. I routinely run 10-15 mph over the limit and still have idiots riding my ass without buying me a drink. Of yeah, and the texting you are doing while trying to get to your oh-so-important-appointment? Good choice. If you keep it up you will cull the herd and we won't have you to worry about for long. :satisfied:

4. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

This is good in theory, but ignores the realities that exist in certain locales and do not exist in other locales. There are times here in Jersey where, no matter how much planning you do, it's just very difficult to get where you are going. Same thing for NYC and probably LA. Not so much for a lot of other places throughout the country.

5. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Exactly, everyone in a hurry is invariably an idiot that's late for an inconsequential appointment. Everyone behind me should go exactly my speed since I know what speed is appropriate. I'm an 80 year old retiree in an RV and always go 5 under for safety reasons, you fuckers tailgating me need to get out of America, this is my road.

6. otc

otc Senior member

The problem with tailgating is that it is incredibly dangerous.

A lot of people are terrible at regulating their speed so it is not so much that they want to pass you, but rather that they are too busy talking on the phone and so they will just regulate their speed by going exactly as fast as you 5 feet behind your car.

These people will speed up and still hug your ass if you speed up, and they won't bother passing you if you slow down. Combine their 5 feet of stopping room with the fact that they are clearly an inattentive driver and you have an accident waiting to happen.

1 person likes this.
  7. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

A few months ago a guy in a new car was driving on the highway and a taxi driver was behind him. The taxi driver sped up and cut off the guy and kept going, so the guy in the car sped up and rear ended the taxi driver. The two cars got into a road rage fight and started side swiping each other. After a few minutes of bashing their cars into each other, they approached a red light and just drove right through the light. I can't help but burst out laughing every time I think of this even several months after. All the taxi drivers in my city have huge dents in their vehicles.