• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RM Williams Chelsea Boot

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed greatly by Sator. I just want some others input. I am considering a brown chelsea in yearling with the nailed down soul. What company would you recommend what design features do you like?

Ged

Reaction score
Chestnut Brown (more dark borwn than most chestnuts)
French Veal Calf
Craftsman (chisel toe last)
Leather sole (by all means go for the screwed sole, I have not done this previously, but like the look and intend to do so)

I've always bought them in Australia from a bricks and mortar store, but Nungar and Boots Online both seem good.

Good luck. You won't regret it.

Ged

PS I'd REALLY recommend the Veal, it's sensational!

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to offer a very fine alternative to a chelsea boot from R.M. Williams - Baxter Boots from Goulburn, NSW, Australia. I think you'll find their Henry Baxter Classic boot is the equal--or close to it--to an R.M. Williams Craftsman boot, albeit with far less variety of styles and colours. Still, the quality is excellent, the Henry Baxter Classic is made mostly by hand in their Goulburn, NSW, Australia factory, it's a whole cut boot, making it very rare indeed, with a Goodyear welted sole. Check 'em out at their site (pretty bare bones, but some good info on their company and their boots):

http://www.baxterfootwear.com.au

They have plenty of other styles of boots, many of which are made in Asia, however. But, the Henry Baxter Classic is a fine alternative to a R.M. Williams Craftsman and cheaper as well. You can buy them either here or here. Thanks

Frank Dirscherl
www.frankdirscherl.com

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Yearling's not that nice. I'd only get it in a black boot, not brown.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40