• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve ordered from Nungar Trading Co, Everything Australian and The Stable Door. All gtg, just go with the best price. The Stable Door folks are super friendly and helpful, of everything else is equal.

They are basically exploiting a loophole in RMW’s global pricing scheme. Anyone selling in the US had to charge the inflated LVMH Group prices, which sucks.

I ordered a pair of Lachlan’s last week. The cheapest way to buy those Aussie boots in the US was via the UK! $360 instead of $550 after tax.

MarkinNYC

Reaction score
I’ve ordered from Nungar Trading Co, Everything Australian and The Stable Door. All gtg, just go with the best price. The Stable Door folks are super friendly and helpful, of everything else is equal.

They are basically exploiting a loophole in RMW’s global pricing scheme. Anyone selling in the US had to charge the inflated LVMH Group prices, which sucks.

I ordered a pair of Lachlan’s last week. The cheapest way to buy those Aussie boots in the US was via the UK! $360 instead of $550 after tax.
Thanks guys! I am always suspicious of outliers in terms of price, but everything that you've told me makes sense! Enjoy your boots! They look awesome

EndlessMike

Reaction score
Got in today from EverythingAustralian. They mark them as a gift so no duties. Only complaint I can come up with is they ship the box in a plastic shipping bag rather than an otter box but that's minor. Four days from Australia is good to me!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got in today from EverythingAustralian. They mark them as a gift so no duties. Only complaint I can come up with is they ship the box in a plastic shipping bag rather than an otter box but that's minor. Four days from Australia is good to me!

That is crazy fast delivery!! The fastest I’ve ever received anything from Aus is 7 days after shipping.

I’m at 9 days since I placed my RMW order to the

MarkinNYC

Reaction score
Just ordered! Lets see how fast it takes. By the way, I went to the R.M. Williams store in Soho today and they have a few boots on sale at 50% (around $275). They had Chelsea boots on the iconic square last with oiled yearling leather in a few different colors and a few suede boots (one Chelsea and one not). There was nothing specific I liked but at 50% off, it's a good deal.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got shipping notice from A Farley - ten days after ordering, so I assume they ordered from Aus. Now I wait for them to get to the US!

rossi

Reaction score
I've worn these comfort Turnouts almost every day for 9 years.
The fibers on the sole have worn away, and it's very slippery when walking on wet.
It doesn't seem like the sole has worn away much though, so I'm not immediately thinking about resoling.
Do you think one could put a thin Topy on top of this rubber sole?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not... when you decide to resole they are gonna strip the whole thing off anyways

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn these comfort Turnouts almost every day for 9 years.
The fibers on the sole have worn away, and it's very slippery when walking on wet.
It doesn't seem like the sole has worn away much though, so I'm not immediately thinking about resoling.
Do you think one could put a thin Topy on top of this rubber sole?

View attachment 1282149
My first pair Craftsmen developed a crack across the ball of the foot. When I took them in to be resoled the cobbler offered the alternative of putting topys on the sole, covering the crack. I wore them like that for years.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know is the "best" RMW store to go to in Sydney? I'll be there for 2 weeks in January 2020

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads