• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’m gonna order a pair of Lachlan’s next week from the UK. A.Hume or A.Farley?
If you aren’t going in person I’d think there is no difference. I have ordered from the latter and had within days and have visited the former. Both established reputable firms.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I’m gonna order a pair of Lachlan’s next week from the UK. A.Hume or A.Farley?

both are very good shops! Ordered from both and postage is similar and both customer service is excelent! If anything I think a Farley have slightly better return policy

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
both are very good shops! Ordered from both and postage is similar and both customer service is excelent! If anything I think a Farley have slightly better return policy

Cheers! I’ll go with them, though I’m confident in my sizing ( this will be my fifth pair of RMW, over the past 25 years).

CMT1

Reaction score
Olive Chinchillas today. I love them. The color works with everything. They are simple, sharp, ridiculously comfortable no-brainer slip-ons compared to my other boots that require a comparative morning production number to put on. It sounds so stupid, I know, but being able to grab these and go has me reaching for them over all of the other brown-ish boots in the closet including my beloved pair of Carmina jumpers.

I've even warmed up to the toe. I wasn't super in love with the slightly squared (Is it considered a chisel?) at first but I dig it now. It's different from the rest of the rounded/almond toe boots in my closet and ...well, I just love these boots.

w9iecG6.jpg

qYcLvTO.jpg

Awesome stuff. I hope everyone is having a great week!

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Olive Chinchillas today. I love them. The color works with everything. They are simple, sharp, ridiculously comfortable no-brainer slip-ons compared to my other boots that require a comparative morning production number to put on. It sounds so stupid, I know, but being able to grab these and go has me reaching for them over all of the other brown-ish boots in the closet including my beloved pair of Carmina jumpers.

I've even warmed up to the toe. I wasn't super in love with the slightly squared (Is it considered a chisel?) at first but I dig it now. It's different from the rest of the rounded/almond toe boots in my closet and ...well, I just love these boots.

w9iecG6.jpg

qYcLvTO.jpg

look amazing, honesty to me they look like the Bordeaux chinchilla.

CMT1

Reaction score
The "dark olive" is definitely hard to capture in photos! In person they do have a visible green-ish tint but for the most part they're really a medium-brown boot.

Jykaes

Reaction score

Yes, the toe is called a chisel toe, it's the same last as the Craftsman which is chisel. I've always liked it, I'm actually so used to it that I don't really like any other chelseas that don't have it, even very high end ones.

Olive looks great, if Chinchillas had the comfort inner I'd probably have bought a pair over Rum Comfort Craftsman, the Chinchilla leather looks awesome with the natural sole edge. Natural edge in general is awesome.

I actually wore my Rum pair out bush for a week for work instead of their normal office duties, they held up awesome. Perfectly comfortable to walk all day in and a quick clean and natural polish and they'll look good as new. I haven't noticed any patina or lightening around the creases yet, they still look pretty much the same as when I bought them.

FziVUSt.jpg

hamcheeseburger

Reaction score
Most recently jumped on the bandwagon and purchased a pair of the Chestnut Yearling Comfort Craftsman. Beautiful pair and have yet to wear them out - could someone let me know if there's any preparation I should do before wearing them in about a week's time for an event?

Condition/polish them first? Should I apply a topy sole or toe taps?

Cheers!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Most recently jumped on the bandwagon and purchased a pair of the Chestnut Yearling Comfort Craftsman. Beautiful pair and have yet to wear them out - could someone let me know if there's any preparation I should do before wearing them in about a week's time for an event?

Condition/polish them first? Should I apply a topy sole or toe taps?

Cheers!
If they’re the comfort craftsman they will have the rubber sole? The Classic has leather. I added a topy sole but depends on how often you’d wear and to do what?

I’d not touch em polish wise for a while. Rm do a nice conditioning cream which keeps leather supple, enjoy them, great boots.

hamcheeseburger

Reaction score
If they’re the comfort craftsman they will have the rubber sole? The Classic has leather. I added a topy sole but depends on how often you’d wear and to do what?

I’d not touch em polish wise for a while. Rm do a nice conditioning cream which keeps leather supple, enjoy them, great boots.

I'd probably wear them 2-3x a week and alternate them after every use - mainly for office work. Should I condition it overnight before I start wearing them?

MarkinNYC

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience buying from Everything Australian and shipping to the US? How is the customer service and wait times? Thank you!

Last edited:

EndlessMike

Reaction score
I ordered a pair from them Sunday evening and they shipped within six hours. I haven't received them yet, though.

MarkinNYC

Reaction score
I ordered a pair from them Sunday evening and they shipped within six hours. I haven't received them yet, though.
Are you in the US? Seems like a legit bricks and mortar store with good reviews and they are selling for $150 cheaper than other retailers. I just wonder if there is some catch when you order from Australia to the US, like duties or something like that.

EndlessMike

Reaction score
Are you in the US? Seems like a legit bricks and mortar store with good reviews and they are selling for $150 cheaper than other retailers. I just wonder if there is some catch when you order from Australia to the US, like duties or something like that.
Yeah, I am. There shouldn't be any import duties on $350. They're actually a bit cheaper on Bootsonline dot com dot au if you want to save a little. The pair I wanted was only available MTO from them, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads