• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I am going to size up; It's easy for me to see what a 9.5 (free shipping and returns on East Dane/Amazon) but it'll be a G.

I think I am used to wider/bigger toe boxes so perhaps that's part of the issue here.
Any first hand experience anyone here can speak to w/ how the Craftsman "feel they fit" compared to Alden Indy?

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Blaxland in Havana suede for the first time today. Picked them up in the New York City store a couple of weeks ago for 50% off.

IMG_0172.jpeg

Matell

Reaction score
G’day guys,

First post here, so I’ll introduce myself as an Aussie expat living in Seattle.
After 40yrs on the blue marble, I’m finally getting my first pair of RM Williams, which happen to be Chinchillas in Bordeaux.

I tried a pair on in the LA store a few weeks ago, but elected to order them directly from RM Williams customer service in Australia, and had them delivered to my family back home. The cost savings are significant!!

Anyway cutting to the chase, both heels seem to have a small impression in them above the last “A” of Australia. (See attached)

On one heel it looks like the rubber might have been pierced, and then to have closed back.
But on the other there is a green nail or pin visible.

Is this normal?

I have emailed Customer Service and am awaiting their reply.

However I am impatient, and wanting others thoughts on this before I have my family send the boots to me.

If a return is needed, I’d rather it be domestic than have me do it from the USA.

Cheers,

Matt

**Edited to upload higher resolution images. If you zoom in you can see inverted dimples above the 'MA' in the first image (right boot), and 'AD' and the last 'A' in the second image of the Left boot. My guess is the rubber pad is nailed and glued.**

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’ll check my heels later, a sentence I’m not comfortable writing...

Only thing to be aware of is don’t use conditioner on the burnished boots or it will remove said burnishing! Rm suggest their neutral polish only.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I’ve check both heels on both pairs of my burnished and I don’t have anything like that. Is it just the one boot?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome from another Aussie long-term US resident!!

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to decide on a sizing for a new pair of comfort craftsman and am normally a 11 D in Red Wings and other boots (11.5 to 12 in sneakers,etc.) . I recently tried on 10 G in the turnout and 10.5 G in the comfort craftsman. It was pretty clear the 10 was too snug for my feet but the 10.5 was a bit strange to fit.

Questions: 1) I have a bit of a wide foot and it seemed the size 10 turnout was better on my toes than even the 10.5 craftsman. Is that just my imagination or is the last better suited that way?

2) Is it normal to have a bit of space where the ankle meets elastic opening of the boot? I mean right at the top of the boot, I have a half inch of space on either side in the 10.5 boot but none on the 10.

A bit confused here. Thanks!

Jykaes

Reaction score
Looks like R.M. released a new lace up boot today, with Brogue styling and made in Australia which is surprising as I would have guessed another boot like this would be made overseas, as previous lace ups have been I think. Black yearling for $595, or Bordeaux or Cognac European crust (So Chinchilla leather, basically) for $795.

I'm personally not a fan of the styling though, I prefer service boots.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like R.M. released a new lace up boot today, with Brogue styling and made in Australia which is surprising as I would have guessed another boot like this would be made overseas, as previous lace ups have been I think. Black yearling for $595, or Bordeaux or Cognac European crust (So Chinchilla leather, basically) for $795.

I'm personally not a fan of the styling though, I prefer service boots.

Really like these, but £437 is a real ball ache.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Unsure because I haven't looked at RM williams in a while. But is bootsonline still selling RM Williams for $350 to the USD because that is what I'm seeing. I thought the company made everything 500+ for retail and only occasionally you will have sales that will drop it down to sub 350

might be a dumb question, but bootsonline is legit right? They seem to have some awesome deals

Jykaes

Reaction score
Unsure because I haven't looked at RM williams in a while. But is bootsonline still selling RM Williams for $350 to the USD because that is what I'm seeing. I thought the company made everything 500+ for retail and only occasionally you will have sales that will drop it down to sub 350

might be a dumb question, but bootsonline is legit right? They seem to have some awesome deals

Sounds about right, RM retail the Craftsman at $595 AUD but all of my boots were bought at $500 AUD or under from resellers along the lines of Bootsonline recently (As in earlier this year) when I sold my old Classic Craftsmans and replaced them all with Comfort models. $350 USD sounds correct for the current market as that works out to around the $500 AUD mark or a bit over.

Bootsonline is legit.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any retailers in the USA that provide free shipping/returns for the H (wide) fit comfort craftsman.
I cant find any and RM williams charges alot to ship!

I spoke with the shop and was told that the comfort turnout fits a bit wider in the toe box, so might be a better option for my feet in general. I will try that as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads