• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Email I got from RM..

Welcome sir and awesome boots!

Attachments

• CB55554D-C6A7-46AA-B041-4324A32D0DC7.jpeg
    CB55554D-C6A7-46AA-B041-4324A32D0DC7.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 277

Jykaes

Reaction score
Should I not be wearing them right now without protector :D ? Can yall just link me to the stuff? my brain tired

I use the R.M. Williams Suede Protector but any equiv. product will do fine. Most people without access to RM products easily use Saphir, and I would too if not for living close to RM. You can wear them without a protector but the main reason for the protector is as a spray sealant to make them water resistant. When correctly applied, water will bead off them. Obviously don't go around stepping in ankle height water as it's not a miracle product but it does protect against light rain and light splashes. I'm not sure it's super useful beyond that, they'll still get dirty and need occasional brushing over time.

Found y'all on google;

anyone got any tips on chinchilla care?

View attachment 1247850

They look excellent, is that Cognac? Looks darker than the sales pics for Cognac but in a good way, probably just the lighting used for the website. What Crafty said, just natural polish, no conditioner or anything.

I really wish they made a Comfort Chinchilla, I think it's absolutely crazy they don't. I'd own at least two pairs by now with a comfort inner.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I use the R.M. Williams Suede Protector but any equiv. product will do fine. Most people without access to RM products easily use Saphir, and I would too if not for living close to RM. You can wear them without a protector but the main reason for the protector is as a spray sealant to make them water resistant. When correctly applied, water will bead off them. Obviously don't go around stepping in ankle height water as it's not a miracle product but it does protect against light rain and light splashes. I'm not sure it's super useful beyond that, they'll still get dirty and need occasional brushing over time.

They look excellent, is that Cognac? Looks darker than the sales pics for Cognac but in a good way, probably just the lighting used for the website. What Crafty said, just natural polish, no conditioner or anything.

I really wish they made a Comfort Chinchilla, I think it's absolutely crazy they don't. I'd own at least two pairs by now with a comfort inner.
If you check the website it looks like the chinchilla comes with comfort soles now..

Just looked last week. I’ve got em in leather so no dice for me!

fourtythree

Reaction score
My significant other actually conditioned my chinchillas (albeit very well) when i first got them but 1.5 years on they've aged well.

Getting them relasted with rubber soles soon and going to keep the leather soles as a memento $220 aud

Full album

fourtythree

Reaction score
When I talked to the staff at the flag store (Melbourne central) said the chinchillas are seasonal and only with leather soles.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
When I talked to the staff at the flag store (Melbourne central) said the chinchillas are seasonal and only with leather soles.
They were, if you look at the website (UK one anyway) it has a picture on rubber but states leather...?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Stockyards the blunnie alternative from RMW? Ah but not Aussie made

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Are the Stockyards the blunnie alternative from RMW? Ah but not Aussie made
I’d go Redback as an alternate, I’ve a pair of them for gardening:walks etc and bloody comfortable. Not recraftable but damn near indestructible!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Redback and Rossi are both great work boots, though they don’t always carry wide sizes like RMW. Chunky and ugly but perfect for the garden or bush.

RMW Gardeners have a nice sole for urban walks and the leather can take some abuse. My only complaint is the pull-up brown leather looks very drab - otherwise it would be a perfect boot for casual wear and travel (love going through airport security with Chelsea boots).

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Redback and Rossi are both great work boots, though they don’t always carry wide sizes like RMW. Chunky and ugly but perfect for the garden or bush.

RMW Gardeners have a nice sole for urban walks and the leather can take some abuse. My only complaint is the pull-up brown leather looks very drab - otherwise it would be a perfect boot for casual wear and travel (love going through airport security with Chelsea boots).
I’ve got Gardeners too but struggle to use them as I intended as the Redback I’m not bothered how they look at the end! ?

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I messaged rm about the chinchilla with rubber sole, as I thought they said The Chinchilla with a rubber sole is a made to order option which isn't available to order from the website and The image shown is incorrect.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I messaged rm about the chinchilla with rubber sole, as I thought they said The Chinchilla with a rubber sole is a made to order option which isn't available to order from the website and The image shown is incorrect.
Good old Rm!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads