• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Had an email from rm saying that they have ran out of the Havana suede! (Welll duuuh I guess that) and they are “unsure” when/if they we be re stocked. Also the person I emailed didn’t have a clue about the finish of the caramel either, also that colour boots is pretty much sold out now ?‍♂️?‍♂️

They're not back but a few others that were missing have reappeared eg. black suede, though still need to MTO for comfort. They also added black kangaroo with a natural/comfort sole that looks really nice... not in G fitting though, thankfully for my wallet.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
They're not back but a few others that were missing have reappeared eg. black suede, though still need to MTO for comfort. They also added black kangaroo with a natural/comfort sole that looks really nice... not in G fitting though, thankfully for my wallet.
I really hope they do! The person I emailed wasn’t to helpful. But then again, I haven’t had very good experience with their customer service

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
If I had my time again I’d have went with that makeup over the plain Roo I got made up and with the H width as contrary to convention the g fits a little neat...

Aren’t on UK site, just the mother site randomly too!

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Email back from rm saying they don’t have any more of the leather and won’t be making more Havana suede cc

Jykaes

Reaction score
Email back from rm saying they don’t have any more of the leather and won’t be making more Havana suede cc

Ouch. Sucks for us but also for them, I bet that's a lot of lost sales. They released that boot for their Spring/Summer seasonal range and it's completely sold out before Spring even starts? If they're smart they'll try to get the tannery to supply more. :p

Can't say I'm surprised though. I think I said this already but in my opinion it's the best boot they've ever made.

I notice that black kangaroo over natural Comfort Craftsman I linked yesterday is already gone. Probably for the best cause I couldn't stop thinking about it.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone keen on a black Macquarie Sz 9G? Doesn't quite fit me how I'd like, better stick to comfort craftsman

IMG_20190316_123823_583.jpg

Not sure how polished they are still...

Jykaes

Reaction score
Not in h fitting :(

Oh, damn! :(
Cut the sides of your feet off?

Seriously though, I asked about MTO Havana not even a month before they announced Havana for the SS20 season, and their customer service told me they don't offer it any more. CS doesn't seem to have any insight into product offerings. It's entirely possible they get more stock later and it just reappears.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Oh, damn! :(
Cut the sides of your feet off?

Seriously though, I asked about MTO Havana not even a month before they announced Havana for the SS20 season, and their customer service told me they don't offer it any more. CS doesn't seem to have any insight into product offerings. It's entirely possible they get more stock later and it just reappears.

Haha wish it was that easy!

This is what I’m hoping for! That they will see they sell and hopefully be able to make more. on The uk rm sure they hardly have anything, not even the stock cc colours

Bouts

Reaction score
Hi all — I picked up a pair of Chestnut Craftsmen the other day, they’re actually a replacement for a pair that got sent back due to a hole in the lining.

The new pair fit well but the centre ridge on the left boot is very pronounced and runs all the way down to the sole across the toe box. It’s much more visible than the right boot and a crease can be felt if you run your finger over it. (The right boot is much more subtle and more “normal” in comparison to my other pair of craftsmen and to boots I see in the stores)

I spoke to the sales assistant and he assured me it would definitely disappear with wear, is this true?

The difference in the crease between the two boots has me a little concerned, I’d hate for them to look mismatched.

Last edited:

Jykaes

Reaction score
Hi all — I picked up a pair of Chestnut Craftsmen the other day, they’re actually a replacement for a pair that got sent back due to a hole in the lining.

The new pair fit well but the centre ridge on the left boot is very pronounced and runs all the way down to the sole across the toe box. It’s much more visible than the right boot and a crease can be felt if you run your finger over it. (The right boot is much more subtle and more “normal” in comparison to my other pair of craftsmen and to boots I see in the stores)

I spoke to the sales assistant and he assured me it would definitely disappear with wear, is this true?

The difference in the crease between the two boots has me a little concerned, I’d hate for them to look mismatched.

You talking about the blocking crease? If so, I would get a second opinion from their customer service, if it's running over the toe box that part may not go away completely. The blocking crease should only really be going down the parts that will flex and crease over time and should be similar boot to boot. Having said that, without pics, hard to say.

Bouts

Reaction score
You talking about the blocking crease? If so, I would get a second opinion from their customer service, if it's running over the toe box that part may not go away completely. The blocking crease should only really be going down the parts that will flex and crease over time and should be similar boot to boot. Having said that, without pics, hard to say.

Yes, it’s the blocking crease. You can see it on the photos below (I switched the boots in the second picture to show it’s not just the angle of the light)

Dingus Berry

Reaction score
Anyone here had the elastic replaced by RMW? How did it go as far as the quality of the job?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads