• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Rm cutting costs? If they were made for the memebers sale I wouldn’t be surprised if they were made cheaper anyway.

I've had a couple of pairs with 1/4 lining rather than the full lining. They were older pairs though. Only difference was they seemed to wear in a bit better.

Interesting. I've owned a few pairs of both standard and comfort from 2011 up to last month and those were the only ones with the 1/4 lining. Seems unusual to reward your members by giving them cut cost boots... I wonder if there's some story there, in any case they aren't doing it to the current lineup.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Attachments

• 937B8BB7-596A-43AD-9CA5-F48CBA812695.jpeg
    937B8BB7-596A-43AD-9CA5-F48CBA812695.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 177

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Rm Sydney Driftwood arrived via Stuart’s London. Nice boot.

Attachments

• A8F51A5F-AE67-43FF-9343-74EAAA9FD29A.jpeg
    A8F51A5F-AE67-43FF-9343-74EAAA9FD29A.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 266

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Theirs a chinchilla boxed I’ve not worn to round out to an even 16.

One is Barker, one Trickers kudu, one Loake and the rest are RM’s.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Had rum and black yearling Comfort Craftsman pairs arrive today, $500 each Australian ($345 USD) and as a result of this thread had a look at the insoles.

The rum has the white edged insole and is stamped 3/19 while the black has the blue edged insole and is stamped 2/19. And again my 5/19 havana suedes have blue as well. So it seems probably Feb/Mar around that time they transitioned to the blue edge but wearing two identical new pairs with the two colours they are indistinguishable in comfort, the blue isn't better it's just a slight manufacturing change.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Rm have new styles in their website. Couple look nice, and good to see they offering more boots in the H fitting ?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or has the shape of the craftsman changed?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t got any ones made this year, how you think they’ve changed?

On the website, it just looks like the top of the boot isn’t as predominant.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Hahahaha RM, I love the boots but the company is unreal sometimes with how unorganised they are. Not even a month ago I e-mailed their customer service asking if they could do a pair of the Havana suede in Comfort Craftsman and I was told no they wouldn't be able to do that and I would have to buy a Blaxland. I ended up buying an "out of season" pair at the warehouse sale in a half size up from my normal.

Look what's on the redesigned website as of today.

Also they've removed the old Bespoke Flash editor (Which sucked anyway) and replaced it with a Made to Order page that implies they'll now do literally any combination you can come up with. Curious to see if they'll stick to that because every time I've asked it's not been the case.

I kinda see what you mean, maybe it’s the photo ?‍♂️

I think it's the photo, all the photos have just been retaken and reuploaded for the site redesign. The boots look the exact same to me.

Last edited:

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Hahahaha RM, I love the boots but the company is unreal sometimes with how unorganised they are. Not even a month ago I e-mailed their customer service asking if they could do a pair of the Havana suede in Comfort Craftsman and I was told no they wouldn't be able to do that and I would have to buy a Blaxland. I ended up buying an "out of season" pair at the warehouse sale in a half size up from my normal.

Look what's on the redesigned website as of today.

I asked the same a while ago, and was told the only way I could get them is to go bespoke, st s cost of newly £800, also been told recently that to get the heel pads changed I would have to send my boots off and wait 2/3 weeks for repairs! (I’ve brought some for £5 and jsut stuck them in)

Rm customer service is either a jokes/useless or jsut money grabbing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads