• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Regarding the cognac boots, how would people style them? Love the colour but it’s different from my normal shades of brown boots I wear.

Thinking more smart casual/casual outfit?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Regarding the cognac boots, how would people style them? Love the colour but it’s different from my normal shades of brown boots I wear.

Thinking more smart casual/casual outfit?
I’d probably err on dark jeans and plain shirt and make the boots the focal point or risks being fussy?

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Anyone seen/got a picture of rms in “distressed biscuit” nubuck leather? Comparing them to other leather colours

Few stock pictures on google, but all look slightly different

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Anyone used insoles in the standard craftsman? Looking for an insole to take up a tiny bit of volume around heel/back foot. The toe box is perfect. I’ve tried a few 1/2 and 3/4 insoles and jsut don’t like the feel of them

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’ve never managed to find one to suit either. Maybe ask your cobbler if he can fit one that doesn’t slip? That’s issue I had, they keep moving about!

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I’ve never managed to find one to suit either. Maybe ask your cobbler if he can fit one that doesn’t slip? That’s issue I had, they keep moving about!
Yeah either slip about or the end of the insole is to sharp. Got some rm Williams “joint pads” which are basically 3/4 insoles, but at the end there’s no taper, insole was same thickness from front to back so felts very strange under foot .

Jsut ordered some super feet carbon (their thinnest full length) so see how I get on with those

ShouldHaveStayedHome

Reaction score
Anyone used insoles in the standard craftsman? Looking for an insole to take up a tiny bit of volume around heel/back foot. The toe box is perfect. I’ve tried a few 1/2 and 3/4 insoles and jsut don’t like the feel of them
I use a formthotic fashion 3/4. I've got a little sticky tab on the bottom to stop them slipping around.
I've also got flattish feet so they help stand my feet up a bit and stop the bagging issue around the instep that seems to be somewhat common.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah either slip about or the end of the insole is to sharp. Got some rm Williams “joint pads” which are basically 3/4 insoles, but at the end there’s no taper, insole was same thickness from front to back so felts very strange under foot .

Jsut ordered some super feet carbon (their thinnest full length) so see how I get on with those

I use the carbon superfeet and like them. I've also tried the 3/4 version from Spenco in shoes that I don't want to alter the fit in the toebox. At sub $20 they are worth a shot.

I tried the superfeet at an REI just to make sure they'd work before purchasing.

https://spenco.implus.com/Product/s...MIx8u3xcKd4gIVjI-zCh0pywN1EAQYAiABEgK_0vD_BwE

44123-Spenco-RX-3_4-Arch Cushion-Insole-1600x900-1.jpg

EdoubleD

Reaction score
The problem I have is size 11 feet’s be perfect everywhere bar my the toes in my right foot (to cramped) so sized up to 11.5 and jsut a little loose overall

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Love the burnished! Saw the mahogany colour at a show yesterday! Defo my favourite, Shame most uk stockiest are out of my size :(

If I can a very thin insole or a 3/4 one I like I’d never take them off

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads