• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fluffhead020

Reaction score
Better pic, apologies for multiple posts it wasn’t allowing me to picture direct.

View attachment 1071250
Beautiful! I actually picked the same pair up, I couldn't resist. They are unfortunately a little big. I am trying to contact them to see what we can do about it. Killing me not to wear them! Also up to sell these and ship them for exactly what I paid so I can order a new pair faster.

Sorry if this is not allowed here!

JosephD

Reaction score
After finally making some contact with Collier but them still being unable to give me any specifics or proof I would ever get my boots I opened a claim on PayPal and got a refund. Good luck to anyone still waiting

carlff

Reaction score
After finally making some contact with Collier but them still being unable to give me any specifics or proof I would ever get my boots I opened a claim on PayPal and got a refund. Good luck to anyone still waiting
Sorry to hear that. Between the dozens of people here and many ok other forums, including myself, I only ever heard of poor email response and slow deliveries - no missed orders or actual problems. That being said, I am not sure I would recommend CB to a friend.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score

Just had done the same thing. UPS lost my package, but getting a response from CB after that was next to impossible. I requested a refund because I didn't want to wait another 5 weeks to maybe get a new order.

Skirulz

Reaction score
everyone seems to be receiving their orders except the special orders which even through Rm Williams is a 6-8 week wait.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some RM boots with a strip of discoloration that runs down the middle of the uppers of their boots. What is the cause of that and why does that happen? Is that the style because it looks like a mistake rather than a design choice.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
everyone seems to be receiving their orders except the special orders which even through Rm Williams is a 6-8 week wait.

Not the case with me. I’ve been in contact with CB but I have a pair I’ve been waiting on for five weeks that the RMW mothership has had in stock this entire time. Exceptionally disappointed.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see some RM boots with a strip of discoloration that runs down the middle of the uppers of their boots. What is the cause of that and why does that happen? Is that the style because it looks like a mistake rather than a design choice.

All of mine have that too, in fact it's in the way chelsea's are constructed due to the large piece of leather that needs to be stretched onto the last. It's not a discoloration, it's a roller that they use to form the shape. Some might be worse than others, and if it bothers you, you can exchange I suppose, but it's really the luck of the draw. If this isn't the issue you're talking about, post some pics of your pair.

For example, here's a pair from Brian the Bootmaker at Role Club

oDbAhPu.jpg

jQGVS1u.jpg

aussiejake

Reaction score
One more missing Collier Bristow order - no notification since a October 15 order. No response to email queries... not good enough.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Still don’t have my order, waiting on comfort crasftman and chinchilla in standard g fit, payments was sent mid September

EdoubleD

Reaction score

As been said this is jsut due to design, on the boots I have it doesn become less
Visible over time/wear. Usikg shoe trees bring it make in my experience. Personally it’s doesne worry me

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just waiting on my MTO as changed my other order to stock items. I’ve done amazingly well out of it to be fair

Couple of chinchillas, some suede, some comfort craftsmen...ahhhhh

My MTO if I didn’t mention was black kangaroo and im slightly ecstatic with anticipation..

Elderidge

Reaction score
My Pair of Boots are on its way from Collier Bristow....

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 02:39Origin Service Area:IPSWICH - WITHAM - UKDestination Service Area:SYDNEY -

I'm sometimes amazed at how it can be cheaper to have boots made here, shipped half way round the world only to have them shipped back, than to go to a local retailer and buy them outright.

carlff

Reaction score
I'm sometimes amazed at how it can be cheaper to have boots made here, shipped half way round the world only to have them shipped back, than to go to a local retailer and buy them outright.
It of course isnt. So it should tell you something the normal markup you pay for when shopping in a physical store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads