• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I really shouldn’t get more boots this year.. what size would people recommend for someone with a lowish instep fitting quite well in:

Carmina Rain: UK 9 (oxfords)
Enzo Bonafè 7495: UK 9 (chukka)

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Yeah that is a drag. But I assume that was MTO?
Nop! Waiting on a cc in dark tans and a pair of chinchilla boots.

I can get both these pairs with next day delivery from various sites.

I wouldn’t mind so much if they actually said my boots would be 6 weeks wait (for the price I paid) it’s the lieing thst annoyes me,

Lindrian

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of 9.5F from bootsonline and unfortunately I'm floating in them. I don't understand how.

I tried 9G in store, they were snug and a bit short. I tried 9.5G which were fine in length but a wee bit wide. Obviously I thought 9.5F would be absolutely perfect. Turns out they're larger than the 9.5G I tried.

Both comfort craftsman.

I can't even walk in these because my foot slides so far forward my toes hurt.

This sucks.

Last edited:

carlff

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of 9.5F from bootsonline and unfortunately I'm floating in them. I don't understand how.

I tried 9G in store, they were snug and a bit short. I tried 9.5G which were fine in length but a wee bit wide. Obviously I thought 9.5F would be absolutely perfect. Turns out they're larger than the 9.5G I tried.

Both comfort craftsman.

This sucks.
That sounds very strange. I own 3 pairs of Comfort Craftsman and they were all very like in size when I first got them. After some time I can maybe feel a slight tendency for the suede ones to stretch a little more than the Yearling leather, but overall the fit is very consistent.

I would ask bootsonline for an exchange. Unless you are in US/EU in which case it may be easier to just sell them at cost...

Elderidge

Reaction score

Both comfort craftsman.

This sucks.

TBH i got sized as an 8F/8G in store but the 8s were a bit short in that my toes were scrapping the top of the boot.

I got 8.5F in the end and off the bat they felt roomier and had more space in the toes. but after a day of wearing, they still felt like my toes were being crushed at the front of the boot. I don think it's an issue of width as they still feel snug and even the SA thought the 8.5F was a good fit.

Any chance you could try the sizes in store somewhere? maybe the 9.5F you got is slightly off, cause im pretty sure it would not fit substantially different from the 9G width-wise

Lindrian

Reaction score
I live in EU and have no store to try them on. So I've already sold them. 5 seconds on the feet and 100 bucks loss.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Nop! Waiting on a cc in dark tans and a pair of chinchilla boots.

I can get both these pairs with next day delivery from various sites.

I wouldn’t mind so much if they actually said my boots would be 6 weeks wait (for the price I paid) it’s the lieing thst annoyes me,

I ordered 3 weeks ago. I figured it would take a while, but still nothing. Getting kinda close to just cancelling, unless they get back to me in the next couple days...

edit: aaaaand, I just got the UPS email that they should arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dons

Reaction score
Anyone got the Lachlan? Does it fit like Craftsman or Comfort Craftsman (i.e. half size bigger than Craftsman)

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I ordered 3 weeks ago. I figured it would take a while, but still nothing. Getting kinda close to just cancelling, unless they get back to me in the next couple days...

edit: aaaaand, I just got the UPS email that they should arrive tomorrow.

aaaaaand UPS lost my package, so I may never actually get these.

Elderidge

Reaction score
man that is some srsly tough luck. it might still show up in a couple of days...

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Anyone got the Lachlan? Does it fit like Craftsman or Comfort Craftsman (i.e. half size bigger than Craftsman)

Never owned them, but would of thought they fit more like the crasftman? as they have the standard leather insole?

Franky

Reaction score
Just posting to call attention to my signature. Looking for trades or someone to buy. Sorry if this doesn't belong here!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok after wearing my new black suede craftsman for a while, I have to face the music with my brown suede comfort craftsman in 9G. IMO the craftsman sole lends it's to a half size down, therefore I recommend that these go to someone who wears a 9.5D or is on the shorter side of 10.

Happy to let these go for a good deal to a forum member before hitting the sales sites, please DM me if interested. These were produced in 2016 and they're better quality than my new ones, both in leather and construction :(. I didn't end up wearing them a whole lot, so they're in very good condition overall. Though the rubber heel pads came undone so I had to pull them out, that's the only thing, though new ones are fairly inexpensive at any cobbler in leather or rubber.

20181104_142140.jpg
20181104_142116.jpg
20181104_142350.jpg

Mikkelrl

Reaction score
Ok after wearing my new black suede craftsman for a while, I have to face the music with my brown suede comfort craftsman in 9G. IMO the craftsman sole lends it's to a half size down, therefore I recommend that these go to someone who wears a 9.5D or is on the shorter side of 10.

Could you clarify what you mean here? Half a size down compared to what?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads