• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berners15

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Walked into a shop selling these after hearing someone rave about them. Looked pretty poor on inspection.

I wouldn't have said 'pretty poor' but likewise I wasn't overly impressed. I suppose it depends upon what you will use them for. I looked at them before I bought my last pair of Chelsea boots but decided to stick to Crockett and Jones, that seem a little better quality wise and a bit more refined. Plus it's easier for me to send them back to the factory for them to be resoled.
1.jpg

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you are expecting refined out of RM's they are not the boot for you, and as mentioned above something like C&J's are a better bet. What you are getting though is a boot that will be the most comfortable boot you've probably ever worn that takes no breaking in and can be trashed and they last forever.

Berners15

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think if you are expecting refined out of RM's they are not the boot for you, and as mentioned above something like C&J's are a better bet. What you are getting though is a boot that will be the most comfortable boot you've probably ever worn that takes no breaking in and can be trashed and they last forever.

I agree, as I mentioned, 'it depends on what you will use them for'.
With respect to comfort, I have the above pair in suede as well, I doubt RM's will be as comfortable as those. For everyday use the C&J's stand up well but I wouldn't play football in them or go far in the Australian outback in them either.
Whilst I like the shape of the Craftsman boot, I really do not like that ridge line they have running down the centre of the upper. However they are 3/4's the price of C&J, you pays your money you make your choice as they say.
IMHO most Chelsea's with the correct toe shape look nice with jeans though
smile.gif

PinkestFlamingo

Reaction score
I wouldn't have said 'pretty poor' but likewise I wasn't overly impressed. I suppose it depends upon what you will use them for. I looked at them before I bought my last pair of Chelsea boots but decided to stick to Crockett and Jones, that seem a little better quality wise and a bit more refined. Plus it's easier for me to send them back to the factory for them to be resoled.
1.jpg
Yeah that's fair, "pretty poor" is a bit harsh. I was actually thinking that same comparison of quality of leather and construction to C&J, which sell at a similar price point I think.

Dr P00b

Reaction score
Any one know where I could get a belt to go with the mid brown suede of Ghosty06's boots? I have similar in coffee, but it looks the same.

corgi invasion

Reaction score
Any one know where I could get a belt to go with the mid brown suede of Ghosty06's boots? I have similar in coffee, but it looks the same.
I have 2 Belts from Kreis, very good quality, and they have held up well so far. there should be a color match somewhere here for you:
(I put a link here, but it breaks, anyway google 'kreis gürtel' and you should find them)

Last edited:

proteinnerd

Reaction score
Anyone use shoe trees in their boots?

Years ago, when I worked at the London store we were told that customers should not use shoe trees, not sure why though. Dont know if thats changed over the years though.

davidle24

Reaction score
Years ago, when I worked at the London store we were told that customers should not use shoe trees, not sure why though. Dont know if thats changed over the years though.
Oh really. Hmmm, I've been using these for 8 months since I got my boots. At the very least the shoe trees make my boots smell nice.

ssppiikkyy

Reaction score
Just got a pair of black yearling craftsman and wondered whether anyone has ever encountered this problem. I constantly feel the fabric/leather line (circled in red) across the heel in my right boot. I have another pair in chestnut that does not have this problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads